Chewing the fat.

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Chewing the fat.

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:41 am

Ok its 2016......can't stand cricket, however BBL an improvement on Tests...tennis and men in shorts a preliminary for the real thing...lol.

Firstly, to the Administrator and Directors of this site.....Thank-you! I appreciate the time, effort and $$$ that goes into making this site possible, whilst contributor postings seemed to be down last year, hopefully there will be more psotings this year and perhaps some of the cruisers will also share their thoughts to make for an even livelier and interesting site.

Off season news has been limited.......the Dusty saga has died down and I suspect nothing much more will come out of it, those baying for blood will be disappointed.

It's a bit early to dust off my crystal balls, however one thing for sure is that I definitely don't want a Hawthorn Fourpete....

I saw Dangerfield training with Geelong and the report was that he was a standout....yikes if he outdoes what he did at the Crows then we are all in trouble !!! Still on Geelong read an interview with Selwood the younger who said that he didnt play 100% when injured....der...ohhh well he wasnt recruited for his intellect....lol....Geelong could be the smoky team to watch this year!!!

Also good to see BFranklin in his kit......lets hope whatever his troubles were that they are past.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

>Re: Chewing the fat.

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:26 am

Geelong, Richmond, Gold Coast, Carlton and St.Kilda are the 5 teams that play Essendon twice this year.
My crystal balls tell me that Richmond and Geelong will make the final 8 in 2016 !!!
Once again Geelong comes up as a smokey !!!! Be affraid, be very affraid !!!

Port Adelaide.
Angus Monfries didnt play many games with Port last year...his ommssion shouldnt have much impact. He is in the Final year of his contract with them....it will be interesting to see how he handles the year off...will he stay with Port...will he continue his AFL career?
Paddy Ryder for some reason didnt meld into the Port side in 2015.....I know they were expecting bigger things from this year however his ommission may not be that much of an impact neither. There is talk of Port seeking compensation from Essendon....but I dont know how that would be achieved or work.

Curious that an ex Snr politican is now Essendon Chairman....more smoke and mirrors.....politians aren't well known for their straight talking, honesty and openness !!!
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Curious that an ex Snr politican is now Essendon Chairman....more smoke and mirrors.....politians aren't well known for their straight talking, honesty and openness !!!

He's already laying on the pollie-spin!
The way he puts it you'd think it was everybody else's fault BUT Essendon.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:27 pm

I'm tennised out...now its the real cream of the crop.....however footy is almost upon us.

Here is a Very early top 8....cant decide who to drop from 8th....lol...

1. Hawthorn
2. West Coast
3. Fremantle
4. Geelong
5. Port Adelaide
6. Sydney
7. Richmond
8. Western Bulldogs/ Adelaide / Collingwood
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Finnis4 wrote:I'm tennised out...

?????????

Snap_2016.01.jpg
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Dennis Cometti calling it a day at seasons end ...actually I think he forecast this last year, so whilst is not a surprise, he'll be missed ...sad part though is who amongst the other morons currently calling or involved in commentry will replace him??

He is the master of one liners....

"Like a Melbourne tram. A lot jumped on but nothing was paid."

'Went in optimistically and came out misty optically"

"Spider had both his legs taken out from under him — leaving only the other six to balance on”

"His eyes lit up like a man who found fifty dollars in a suit he hasn't worn for a while"

"What have you got for us Derm?"
"Nothing to report here"..
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:53 pm

That's not to forget:

“Nasty situation. He’s caught between A Rock and a hard place.”

The line came when a player was caught between former North Melbourne player Anthony Rock and the boundary fence.

“It’s like finding fault with Miss Venezuela”

Cometti speaking about Adelaide midfielder Rory Sloane.

“Alan Didak was Stevie J before Stevie J was Stevie J”

On Collingwood player Alan Didak having skills like Geelong’s Steve Johnson.

“Metropolis, kicking to the city end”

Speaking about former West Coast and Fremantle player Daniel Metropolis.

“The guns of Paparone need a bit of work”

Speaking about young Brisbane Lions player Marco Paparone.

“Barlow to Bateman. The Hawks are attacking alphabetically ...’’

On Hawthorn players Kris Barlow and Chance Bateman

“How’s that, a two Carr collision, both with the same rego!”

When Josh Carr wearing jumper number nine for Port Adelaide, bumped his brother Matthew, wearing number nine for Fremantle.

“Parker to Carr … … sounds like a match made in heaven!”

Another play on the Carr name.

“Brent (Guerra) hates losing and that extends to his hair.”

On Hawk Brent Guerra, who did advertisements for The Hair Institute.

SOME LINES NEED NO EXPLANATION

“Scotty Cummings alone in the square, jumping up and down and waving his arms like they’re playing My Sharona”

“Ling’s running off the ground a little bit gingerly”

“Farmer may have an injury to his calf........hmmm, a farmer with a calf problem.”

“Kevin Sheedy, who was coaching Essendon 14 years before Adelaide was founded. The team, not the city.”

“Collingwood know they’re in trouble, it’s like being in the bathtub with the Loch Ness monster!”

“In for the Cats today, David and Steve Johnson. Who better to patch up a line-up than Johnson & Johnson?”

“It was like a self-saucing pudding. Players just waiting for the whistle”

“Ball in dispute, Lamb, now Yze the meat in the sandwich. Really Lamb should be in the sandwich.”
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Ollie Wines has re-signed with Port Adelaide....MASSIVE.....

Only for two years....I had thought that the lure of "home" i.e. Victoria may have been too strong, but apparently the highest offers ($750K) were from Essendon and Melbourne so you cant blame him for staying at Port - it may also explain the " 2 year deal."
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Today Media reports that Garry Lyon wont be hosting The Footy Show (for the time being) and has cancelled other media jobs due to "Mental Health issues".

Social media is rife with scuttlebutt about GL being VERY friendly with BillBrownless missus.

Seems to me, if its true, that "Mental Health Issues" is an excuse and is being used as an abrogation of responsibility and indeed plain not telling the truth.

It effectectively demeans those that truly suffer from this very serious condition - one that in times past wasn't taken as seriously as it should have been and one that still today some people refuse to admit or get help for.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:09 am

Finnis4 wrote:Social media is rife with scuttlebutt about GL being VERY friendly with BillBrownless missus.

Who could blame her?
I've seen Brownless' dick, and frankly it ain't exactly impressive, .....and at that size no doubt almost impossible to find, much less be of any use under all that fat gut. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Plus seriously now, who'd want to be fucked by B.B. anyway???

Finnis4 wrote:Seems to me, if its true, that "Mental Health Issues" is an excuse and is being used as an abrogation of responsibility and indeed plain not telling the truth.
It effectectively demeans those that truly suffer from this very serious condition - one that in times past wasn't taken as seriously as it should have been and one that still today some people refuse to admit or get help for.

Finnis, it has now become like the term "depression", ...over-used as a blanket term to cover anything from a stupid brain-fart in behaviour to a huge bloody drug addiction.
That also demeans genuine sufferers.

It's just like when did you ever read of, or hear anyone who WASN'T "bullied" at school now?
Every stupid vapid Face-Book-Fuck-Wit claims she/he was bullied. With so many playing victim, all I can say is there must have been a hell of a lot of full-time BULLIES out there, but no one ever says "I was a bully at school".
Not a single one.
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:01 pm

I still gag at AFL references to "The Business"...or similar terms when describing Footy Clubs...probably because to me its not about the sport, the players so much, nor the supporters just a commercial enterprise with profit as the seemingly prime motive.

Ground size restrictions and perhaps just plain old marketing pentration saturation has left some clubs wondering "where to now?" as membership equalling tickets reaches a maximum and thereby income/profit reaches its peak.

Adelaide CEO and Finance Chief have headed off to the USA to look at Grid Iron et al and their marketing and membership programs ......one thing is that change is the only constant....I expect there will be more electronic type memberships and communications in the next few years....some clubs already have their own TV shows....perhaps there will be more electronic communiication with a select membership group (paying of course) ...that sort of thing !!! Tiered memberships already exist..I reckon that there might just be more tiers in the future and that not all memeberships will equal tickets !
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:30 am

Whats the likelihood of the AFL becoming a religious organisation ???......seems that they both screw their supporters....

2016 Grand Final Ticket prices have just been released....cheapest.....$950 for nose bleed seats at the top rear of the Great Southern Stand and category one for over $2600.

Most of us would need a Lotto win or a generous benefactor to attend.....brickbats to the AFL....my home BBQ, few glasses of red with good friends is a better proposition anyway.....lol...
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:48 am

Finnis4 wrote:Whats the likelihood of the AFL becoming a religious organisation ???......seems that they both screw their supporters....

No comparison, ....those religious organisations are granted the gift of paying no tax to spread their hate and groom children with their bullshit.
This gives them an enormous benefit. Stand by for the ridiculous gay-bashing and ridiculous assertions and lies about to be put out by all of 'em before Malcolm's bloody forthcoming plebiscite!
Their supporters even want the government to suspend current "hate speech" laws for the duration of their campaign, ...which tells us just what sort of things to expect.

Finnis4 wrote:Most of us would need a Lotto win or a generous benefactor to attend.....brickbats to the AFL....my home BBQ, few glasses of red with good friends is a better proposition anyway.....lol...

Certainly outrageous Finnis! $2600 is more than the airfare to Europe or America!
I'm with you on the friends around, big barbecue thing!
Unless my own team happened to be in the GF I'd never consider it at those prices, ....and even if they were that's still a helluva lot of money. Flights, taxis, accommodation, meals etc. all on top...and everybody knows all accomm. goes WAY up in Melbourne GF week, and the flights also.
How long before even the TV goes "Pay to View" too?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby freo heave ho » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:18 am

Maybe with WA teams making (and losing) the GF in the last 3 years, they've based the ticket price on the Perth to Melbourne airfares in GF week!
Is getting screwed by the AFL better than getting screwed by a Virgin?

2600 doesn't sound like a huge amount more than I paid in '14 for last minute fares, and that was cheaper than Perth Melbourne direct!
If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
freo heave ho
Draftee
Draftee

Team (AFL): Fremantle

Postby Finnis4 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:43 am

Hmmm ...let's see how many Gay Footy ppl I can put off side.....lol....

Who will finish with the wooden spoon in 2016 ???.....

My $$$$ would be on either Carlton or Brisbane.....
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Next

Return to Footy Chat