Chewing the fat.

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Re: Chewing the fat.

Postby swannee » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Finnis4 wrote:My $$$$ would be on either Carlton or Brisbane.....

Not that I'd care, but Essendon would have to be in there with a chance of collecting the Lumber Ladle 2016?
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Chewing the fat.

Postby tess » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:29 pm

If today was any indication against a side who was serious, Essendon.
tess
Player
Player

Team (AFL): Collingwood

Postby Finnis4 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:43 am

the Intentional out of bounds rule is going to be a problem for me......when is it "momentum" and when it is it intentional.....very difficult to adjudicate....some are obvious of course....then again its allowable to handball or run through the behind goal line.

Also I believe players families should not be brought into the footy equation....very cheap shots by some unscrupulous commentators at the moment concerning a Richmond player.

The Brownless/Lyon saga is ridiculous...still going ....milking it now for ratings for the Footy Show !! The only sex scandal of the off season and not a scandal anyway....two consenting adults not in current relationships.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:05 am

Finnis4 wrote:Also I believe players families should not be brought into the footy equation....very cheap shots by some unscrupulous commentators at the moment concerning a Richmond player.

Haven't heard 'em Finnis. Care to enlighten those of us who aren't currently listening?

Finnis4 wrote:The Brownless/Lyon saga is ridiculous...still going ....milking it now for ratings for the Footy Show !! The only sex scandal of the off season and not a scandal anyway....two consenting adults not in current relationships.

Brownless and all his pompous self-righteous indignation are a joke!
You want exclusive rights to your wife? Then don't divorce her!
If you do then she's a free agent and no longer under any legal or moral right to seek your approval for her subsequent sex-partners.

And why is he just blaming Lyons anyway?
There's no suggestion he raped her, and it takes two consenting adults to "tango", so why isn't Brownless expressing public disapproval of his ex-wife?
And really, I don't know about the rest of you here, but there is only one other heterosexual coupling that would surpass that of Lyons and the ex-bloody-Mrs-Brownless for grossness, .....and that's the very thought of Abbott doing Credlin ! +o( +o( +o( +o( +o(
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Sorry Mr Swannee.....I just didnt want to give it too much attention.....apparently DMartin's dad is bunged up in the big house with the potential of having his visa revoked and being exported back to NZ - something about being an undesireable character.

Eddie everywhere made a thing of it during the game on Thursday night....and I didn't think it necessary or appropriate.

I reckon Player's indescretions are fair game but I'm not comfortable bringing their families into a television coverage of a game.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Sorry Mr Swannee.....I just didnt want to give it too much attention.....apparently DMartin's dad is bunged up in the big house with the potential of having his visa revoked and being exported back to NZ - something about being an undesireable character.

Really? Dustin Martin's Dad is currently residing behind the Vertical Venetians "at Her majesty's Pleasure"?
Oh please, tell us something we don't ALL know Eddie! It's his Dad he keeps making that cross-wristed salute for when he kicks a goal!
(He's also a member of the Rebels Bikie Gang and heavily involved in drug supply.)
And I don't think I'm being particularly harsh when I say it's just as well Dustin Martin himself can play a bit of footy because as recent events prove, he's barely able to keep himself out of The Clink.

And let's face it, ...those in the Slammer ARE in fact "undesirable characters" by definition, ...although not one of 'em will ever admit it.
From my brief experience teaching in a NSW gaol, I can tell you I've never met so many "innocent" blokes currently incarcerated!
Everybody was "stitched up" apparently.
And really, Dustin Martin is hardly the first AFL player with a family member (or five!) behind bars.

Sorry if I seem unsympathetic, but I reckon if Martin's Old Man is only here on a Visa, ...NOT an Australian citizen and has committed criminal activities, and we the Australian tax-payers are footing the not inconsiderable bill for his upkeep, (have you seen what it costs to keep a bloke in gaol?), then I reckon send him back to NZ by all means and let the Kiwis pay for their own crims.
There's a plentiful and ever-growing supply of our own to lock up, without having to care for any cross-the-ditch interlopers!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tess » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:42 pm

I think Dane Swan's dad spent a bit of time in the lock up.

My other half has been in Jail, even I innocent ole me has spent the odd moment in a police cell.
tess
Player
Player

Postby swannee » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:40 am

tess wrote:My other half has been in Jail, even I innocent ole me has spent the odd moment in a police cell.

Now why am I not surprised about this tess?
I have always perceived you as a woman of many experiences, .......and most of them certainly "interesting"! ;) ;) ;) :lol:
Can I buy the film rights?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tess » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:17 pm

tess wrote:My other half has been in Jail, even I innocent ole me has spent the odd moment in a police cell.

swannee wrote:Now why am I not surprised about this tess?
I have always perceived you as a woman of many experiences, .......and most of them certainly "interesting"! ;) ;) ;) :lol:
Can I buy the film rights?

Lets just say when the young senior constable took me into a conference room(no cctv) to talk to a Lawyer on the phone I could have done more than just talk with my mouth but I was so into the gravity of the situation I missed the opportunity presented to moi. Then I had to go back to Constable Singh(complete with turban) who took my statement.
tess
Player
Player

Postby swannee » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:49 am

Finnis4 wrote:My $$$$ would be on either Carlton or Brisbane.....

swannee wrote:Not that I'd care, but Essendon would have to be in there with a chance of collecting the Lumber Ladle 2016?

Seems my crystal ball was unclouded when I made this prediction back on March 3rd 2016.
Well, I mean it was hardly a stretch considering they had most of their team suspended for drug offences, ....but Brisbane certainly gave the Bombers a run for their money to finish last.
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 am

Indeed Mr Swannee....well done.....Footy tipping Comp probably settled now....Cheers and Bottoms up to the winning crew, they have been there for most of the year.

This week:
WC
Geelong in an upset.
Swans
Crows.

Good luck to all.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby boisayum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:46 am

It seems I didn't make any predictions at the beginning of the year.

I did predict that after the first week we played Richmond, that they weren't that good, and Jack Riewoldt was an overrated flog. Seems as though that came to fruition.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:34 pm

boisayum wrote: Jack Riewoldt was an overrated flog. Seems as though that came to fruition.

SURE DID boisayum!
The only place Jack Riewoldt is a legend is in his own tiny little mind. An arrogant tosser would be right on the mark!

jack-riewoldt.jpg
jack-riewoldt.jpg (83.35 KiB) Viewed 217 times
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:06 pm

A very fitting topic subject ....

Heresay is that a Nmelb ruckman has been having a little dalliance with the club masseuse....wife not happy and posted on social media.

It was only a matter of time...
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:37 am

According to reports in yesterdays Press...JBrayshaw wont be in Channel 9's cricket commentary team 2016/17 ...hmmm was he sacked or the euphemistic tripe :roll: often bandied about when contracts aren't made.

Apparently he is in talks with Ch 7....a move to 7 would negate his Footy Show hosting gig as well.

Could it be that he will take over from Denis Commetti ???- He called the Footy for Ch9 when they had the TV Rights some time back. Or perhaps a Night Show to go head to head against The Footy Show? .
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Previous

Return to Footy Chat