One game

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Re: One game

Postby Pabs85 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:55 am

SketchY wrote:I'm thinking the swans Hawks cats Giants will make the top four.

Let's hope so...I put some money on GWS to win GF :shock:
I love Melbourne, Geelong and afl players. Go Cats!
Pabs85
Draftee
Draftee

Team (AFL): Geelong

>Re: One game

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:01 am

In your dreams Mr Pabs..hahaha.

Port will do GWS tomorrow and Crows will flog Geelong tonight.....well they're my tips anyway, but after last nights effort I'll have to give my crystals a better rub!!!
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:38 am

SketchY wrote:Let's hope my pies can do some of you a favor tonight and end the Roos top 4 chances.

Well unfortunately that did NOT come to pass SketchY!
The Roos handed your team a hiding! Commiserations of course, ...it would have been heartening to eliminate another Top Four contender.

SketchY wrote:My tip for the flag is still the cats. I can't shake when they were plying their best they were by far the stand out side this season in what is very even.

Well the Swans downed them on their own dung-hill as the saying goes, even though it was claimed they were "unbeatable" at home.

SketchY wrote:I'm thinking the Swans Hawks Cats Giants will make the top four.

Sounds reasonable, ...will all depend on percentage and then who gets home finals AND the double-life.

Have to disagree though on your statement of the season being "very even".
Sorry to say but I think this year has been most disappointing as a real competition.
It very quickly degenerated to a handful of genuine contenders, a large group of fair to middling teams with occasional flashes but no real hopes of making the top, ....and sadly a small contingent of the utterly bloody hopeless.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby boisayum » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Finnis4 wrote:In your dreams Mr Pabs..hahaha.

Port will do GWS tomorrow and Crows will flog Geelong tonight.....well they're my tips anyway, but after last nights effort I'll have to give my crystals a better rub!!!

Ouch, tips are down the gurgler, due to my poor tipping now, I just do crap tips.
I got 1. Brisbane. In fact I'm that bad that I forgot to tip 1 game.

I'm just wondering after the weekend if I am much more happier after the loss on the weekend as Swannee is about the win.
Bolts would have to be my most favourite coach since Parkin. He seems happy still. I'm guessing players try to play better if you actually like the coach.

Unfortunately , it makes me ill to say, I think Hawks will win again. Other teams are losing games here and ther Wilshire Hawks, with some help from umpires, keep winning.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby Finnis4 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:17 pm

Wash your mouth out with soap Mr Boisayum.....pls dont even think about another Hawthorn win!!! Any other team....well almost hahaha

Yeah my tips, in looking for that ladder jump, were down the creek as well......lol.....on Saturday arvo WC were down to Melb and I still hadn't had a win....lol..... there is always next week....but the current tipping leaders in the comp are fast becoming uncatchable...... its cheers and bottoms up to them !!!

Bolts may be a good coach and inspiring to his team but I did notice that his broad smile wasn't there as much yesterday and his frustrated mutterings behind his hand are increasing...nevertheless a magnificent effort by the coach and players....there are some promising youngsters that' s for sure....and a veritable smorgasbord.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: The oldies are holding their own as well...it must be satisfying that your earlier in the year defence of the ex - Adelaide Crows players is proving correct too.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:58 am

Finnis4 wrote:Wash your mouth out with soap Mr Boisayum.....pls dont even think about another Hawthorn win!!! Any other team....well almost hahaha

Yes I too, ...(for VARIOUS reasons!) would be most disappointed to see another Hawks win. :roll: I too have noticed they do seem to get a lot of "help" from the umpires in any game, .....but particularly when they are playing non-Melbourne teams

I managed a seven in the tipping this week, .....enough to keep me with the leaders I think.
Missed on Brisbane, ...(that game was always a toss-up!) and who'd have thought St Kilda would get up and beat the Bulldogs?
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Previous

Return to Footy Chat