How I Want to Be?

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

How I Want to Be?

Postby swannee » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:08 pm

It appears St Kilda Football Club is currently selling the merchandise shown below.

Cnxl2GaUIAQqQ1d.jpg

OKay, so it's the gay flag right,I get that....but the slogan?
What does it mean?
Don't know about anyone else but I AM already "gay"......I'm not just considering it, or thinking about turning, nor wishing I was....I AM!!!
So.......???
Is it for the wishful thinking? Or those poor unfortunate buggers who were born straight but have since come to the realisation of what a huge birth defect that is and would now like to convert from their impairment to a far happier state?
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: How I Want to Be?

Postby boisayum » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:28 pm

I saw it too and I took it as the person wearing it is open and comfortable in the arena. How they want to be.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby boisayum » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:32 pm

backlash on forums today Swanee mirroring your thoughts on agenda pushing in the AFL. I think it is wearing thin. For me it is there, I see it once i choose to take it in , but I don't let it smother me.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby Finnis4 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Wrong Wrong Wrong...

This is an unfortunate example of how possibly with the best of intentions something has gone incredibly pear shaped.

Most ppl dont understand it !....Others think it' s recruiting.

Set us back 10 years...would have been better off not even having this...I with Mr Swannee's views on the matter...just play footy.

With that said.....those ahead of me in the footy tipping competition watch out...this is the w/e I make my move :twisted:
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby Pabs85 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:46 pm

swannee wrote:...Or those poor unfortunate buggers who were born straight but have since come to the realisation of what a huge birth defect that is and would now like to convert from their impairment to a far happier state?

Haha, that's the one.
I love Melbourne, Geelong and afl players. Go Cats!
Pabs85
Draftee
Draftee

Team (AFL): Geelong

Postby swannee » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:51 am

boisayum wrote:I saw it too and I took it as the person wearing it is open and comfortable in the arena. How they want to be.

Might be alright if the AFL had a team who wore those colours on their guernsey, but otherwise it's just a sign saying "I'm Gay", ....or beat me up..... unfortunately!
I am gay, fully and in every way, however I don't think I need to wear a label just to prove it....or advertise the fact.

Being that way is perfectly natural to my mindset, and I don't really spend my time obsessing about it or making every damn decision in light of the fact.
I go everywhere with my partner, ...and introduce him as such, so if people want to draw the bleedin' obvious conclusion, fine.
It's not my obligation to satisfy their prurient curiosity.

Does anyone introduce themselves by saying "Hi, I'm Joe and I'm gay!" ?
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Return to Footy Chat