Did They Even Play?

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Did They Even Play?

Postby swannee » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:36 am

Jeeezuss!
Did Richmond even bother to show up to play the Giants? Or did they send the Ladies Afternoon Tea Auxiliary out in a few borrowed guernseys?

Final Tigers score just a measly 23???
That's right, full time score less than four goals!
Giants a whopping 111.....that's an 88 point smashing! Actually I think it's MORE than a "smashing" but what other word to use escapes me.
WTF was Hardwick doing? Or the whole team for that matter?
And where was Old Brucie's "best back in the competition" to allow THAT many scores?
Somebody please explain?

From the AFL site report: MEDICAL ROOM
Greater Western Sydney: The Giants will be sweating on the fitness of tall forward Rory Lobb, who left the ground at the end of the third quarter with a lower leg injury.
Richmond: The Tigers didn't have any injuries to report.

I'm not at all surprised! You don't get any injuries is you don't play do you! :roll:

Point to consider......In the interests of hopefully providing closer matches, is it time to instigate TWO levels in AFL....a First and Second Division?
And with the Wooden Spooner of the upper group relegated to the lower each year and the G.F. Winner of the lower rewarded with elevation to the top nine?
It would stop "tanking" in the upper due to the prospect of being demoted and provide hard fought games in the lower with the added prospect of making it to the prestigious upper group.
Just a thought.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Did They Even Play?

Postby Finnis4 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:29 pm

The writing has been on the wall for months...are the ppl in positions of authority stupid or just trying to protect their cushy jobs and income !!! Every man and their dog has seen it but not them!!! Same old excuses.

A couple of reasonable games just doesn't cut it for me. Wholesale changes are needed...Board, CEO, coach, assistant coaches and players - if ppl are contracted then switch their roles...not just switch but into real jobs where they can meaningfully contribute and make a difference and I guess here I am talking about Dimma to start off with...keep him but in another role...assistant coach...if he doesn't want that well...see you later Charlie...same with a few others. Cotchin too...Captains lead by example and his performance has been lacking. Give the job to Rance or Jack....(btw Rance without his shirt as per last nights TV shot is a total dish)...

The players and supporters are the club....the Board, CEO and coaches to serve and support the club.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:13 am

I did notice that one time GayFooty-Phobic Brendan Gale publicly stated that Hardwick "had his full support", ...those words invariably being the kiss-of-death for any coach, and now the media is full of stories of Hardwick's sacking.
It's gonna cost the Tigers a million or so to pay out his contract, but DEFINITELY the best thing to do in the interests of the club. A few in the lists could also get the boot too.

Why is Richmond the team that always promises SO much and yet always manages to achieve so little?
Perhaps as you say, people in cushy jobs NOT wanting to change?

I know it's Glenn's team, (Sorry Glenn!)...but I cannot help having more than a little schadenfreude at the lack of success for:
A/ Brendan Gale....I have a very long memory mate.......SUFFER you bastard!!!! I am NOT about to remove those pins from your voodoo effigy any time soon. You've got a long, LONG way to go yet! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Some sound advice? NEVER cross a queen!
B/ Jehovah's Witless Rance....sick to bloody death of hearing about his supposed "good-looks".......he's a religious nutter....'nough said! Suffer son, ....suffer! Just like your ever-suffering "saviour".

C/ Coach Hardwick....another arrogant prick of an ex-player who thought he could coach a team for his OWN glory. Instead he's brought the team to its knees....just like Hird did to his!
The spectacle of watching Hardwick's sorry arse collapse in a little further each week is highly enjoyable.
D/ Jack Rievoldt.....just more arrogance that's hardly ever backed up on field....but in his own mind he IS The Star! FIGJAM ??? You betcha!
(Now there is another, but hey, I kinda enjoy this board and for that reason he's probably a no-go area. Comprendez?)

There now, THAT felt SO much better, ....all that remains is for Collingwood to beat the living shit out of them again this week, just as the Giants did last week.
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:39 am

Whacko Richmond scored a win.......good luck to them....

I love the camera pans to Eddie when Collingwood are losing....hahaha

Still though the under 12's down at the local oval played better last w/e than either team....both teams have a massive amount of work to do to be competitive next year.

Hardwick's excuses have been grating throughout the season, it will be interesting to hear what NBuck has to say next week.....I guess the obvious answer is that after the first 10 minutes Richmond thought they had a chance and played accordingly!!!

With Bruce and Basil in Rio it will be interesting to hear the w/e commentary teams.....Taylor is better when he is co calling with a decent offsider in Denis but still has some irritating habits. Darcy should still to boundary comments, Ling is getting better (he needed to) and Duck seems to be on the mark these days too (be interesting to see how long he can keep his doodle in his trousers which I imagine would be a condition of sorts of his contract with 7).
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:39 am

Finnis4 wrote:Whacko Richmond scored a win.......good luck to them....

What is it with BLOODY Collingwood?
I don't pick the bastards and they romp in, I go for 'em and they go down in a screaming heap!
I HATE getting the first game wrong, but Collingwood does it to me again! BUGGER!!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Finnis4 wrote:I love the camera pans to Eddie when Collingwood are losing....hahaha

Must admit that is a highlight, ...that and Buckley smashing the table!

Finnis4 wrote:Hardwick's excuses have been grating throughout the season,

Surely SURELY Richmond will sack the incompetent lair?

Finnis4 wrote:Duck seems to be on the mark these days too (be interesting to see how long he can keep his doodle in his trousers which I imagine would be a condition of sorts of his contract with 7).

Don't know about his doodle but what is it with that hair these days?
I remember back when he was so obviously going bald, but now he seems to have some sort of furry dead animal perched on his head!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Return to Footy Chat