Rumour File

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Rumour File

Postby boisayum » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Thought I'd start a thread on the goings on for player and coach movements.

I have been told that Tom Mitchell won't be at the Swans next year. Almost certainly going to the Hawks in 2017.
It's funny because he is a great player, but you hear him and Longmire don't exactly have a great working relationship.
I wish Carlton got him in 2014 when he wasn't being given a game.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: Rumour File

Postby swannee » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:37 am

boisayum wrote:I have been told that Tom Mitchell won't be at the Swans next year. Almost certainly going to the Hawks in 2017.

Devastated to hear that boisayum...if it's true of course.
He is certainly a great player, and would be a great asset to any team.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby Finnis4 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:23 am

Brad Crouch from the Adelaide Crows has also been linked to/sounded out by Hawthorn.

With the vultures circling, could Bomber Thompson be a coach at Richmond next year ?
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Finnis4 wrote:With the vultures circling, could Bomber Thompson be a coach at Richmond next year ?

Seriously now, ....conditions/mindset/record being what they are at that club, who would even want THAT job???
I am amazed at the tenacity of the Richmond fans. Year after year, they are constantly promised successes and yet each season they get fobbed off with at the best mediocrity, and at the worst, shithouse performances.
Yet they still buy memberships in the faint hope that their dreams might one day come to fruition?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:07 pm

For some reason I still am baffled at how Bomber Thompson's reputation has remain untouched during this whole saga with Essendon. He was the one that brought him over to Essendon yet everyone still loves him.
I would be surprised if he got a gig at any other club.
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Postby boisayum » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Brad Crouch from the Adelaide Crows has also been linked to/sounded out by Hawthorn.

He would be a massive pick up.
Being fit he would go close to being the best midfielder in a couple of years.
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Postby swannee » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:21 pm

boisayum wrote:For some reason I still am baffled at how Bomber Thompson's reputation has remain untouched during this whole saga with Essendon.

He does seem to be Mr Teflon doesn't he!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:40 am

I reckon that there would be several AFL Clubs that would have liked to have the benefit of my Crystal Balls to forecast their season.

I dont think many of the Coaches who received contract extensions late last year or earlier this year would get them now if based on this years Club performance by that I mean DHardwick, RLyon, Scott at NMelb or perhaps even NBuckly.

Speaking of NB I strongly suspect his old mate BSanderson with be an Assistant coach at Collingwood next year. Sando has been at the AFL with the youngersters - a job appointment which amused me no end as one of the reported reasons for his sudden departure from the Crows was due to his supposed poor communication with the team - I would have thought such an attribute to be even more important with a group of neebies to the AFL.

Nonetheless only one coach will go and that is Leppa at Brisbane. The Assistant coaches are more vulnerable and there will be movement across several clubs I reckon eg Port has already indicated that Budda Hocking wont get a gig next year.

Bomber Thompson is still sniffing around for a job but I haven't heard of any interest in him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see NMelb fan backlash impact on the Club's decision to retire Boomer Harvey and reverse it or perhaps move swiftly to employ him in a mentoring or coaching role for 2017.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Finnis4 wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to see NMelb fan backlash impact on the Club's decision to retire Boomer Harvey and reverse it or perhaps move swiftly to employ him in a mentoring or coaching role for 2017.

I don't know why, ...his rage has become a liability now which in my opinion has much to do with whatever he's taking to try to keep up with the younger men.

Regardless of what age he claims to be these days, (remember: ALL footballers lower their ages as they "get on"), he's pushing 40 if not already there.
That means the body is f--ked as far as football goes, and can only continue with serious and constant pharmaceutical "help".

Even during the recent Swans game his temper got the best of him and his team mates had to rally around him, drag him away and try to cool him down.
This happens to all oldies who try to play on. They cannot keep up with the youngsters and frustration sets in which results in them lashing out.

He should have had the good sense to retire gracefully before this rather that try to be the "ageless star".
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Return to Footy Chat