Hawthorn Hoax?

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Hawthorn Hoax?

Postby swannee » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:11 pm

So....Hawthorn decided to fund their end-of-year trip overseas by getting some anonymous punters to shove a shitload of money with the bookies on their lowly opposition Melbourne to win?
They would have got wonderful odds on that long shot too!

Then all they had to do was manage to NOT win, ...and BINGO! They're all off to Cancun (or wherever) First Class all the way!
The situation was absolutely perfect, ...no change to their top of the ladder status, ....no danger of losing top spot,.....and who would ever think that Melbourne could topple a team like Hawthorn?
Now tell me, who the hell tipped that game correctly?

Bet there were more than a few bookies burned on that one too! ;) ;) ;) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Hawthorn Hoax?

Postby boisayum » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:36 pm

I'm doing nonsense tips so I got 2 this week. tigers and dees.

I have to say Hawks haven't been that convincing in previous weeks and seriously they could have been 4 or 5 wins less if it wasn't for umpires and luck. In fact, I'm going to go as far as saying they won't win.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:26 am

Mr Boisayum...Crikey you are on the $$$$ more often than not !!!!.

I was going to keep quiet about umpires and Hawks but you have got a rise out of me .....

Rioli and Smitchell were very lucky on the w/e...I think Rioli should definitely have got time and prob Mitchel as well.....even Bruce would agree with me I reckon.... :roll:

If there was a bitchy side to me it would say that the AFL Review Panel is convened and addressed by an ex Head of Footy Operations at Hawthorn and that there is/has been favouritism shown to them...but hey I am not like that.....
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby boisayum » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Mr Boisayum...Crikey you are on the $$$$ more often than not !!!!.

I was going to keep quiet about umpires and Hawks but you have got a rise out of me .....

Rioli and Smitchell were very lucky on the w/e...I think Rioli should definitely have got time and prob Mitchel as well.....even Bruce would agree with me I reckon.... :roll:

If there was a bitchy side to me it would say that the AFL Review Panel is convened and addressed by an ex Head of Footy Operations at Hawthorn and that there is/has been favouritism shown to them...but hey I am not like that.....

You're not bitchy? What type of gay are you??

Also, agree. I don't know how Rioli did not see weeks for his effort. It's a joke.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:41 pm

boisayum wrote:You're not bitchy? What type of gay are you??

Right on boisayum!
I too was going to ask to see his "Gay-Card".
Smarten up Finnis4....we all have a stereotype to uphold!
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Return to Footy Chat