Just SAY GAY FFS!

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Just SAY GAY FFS!

Postby swannee » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:04 am

Okay, ...so we've had "IT".
It's well known I am no lover of "designated rounds" ...whatever the cause or however worthy they may be.
In spite of my aversion, and seeing as we ARE having such events, I'd have to rate last night's effort as a fizzer.

Why you ask?
Well for a start it wimped out. MAJORLY!

Now correct me if I am wrong here but did anyone, at any stage in the lead-up, the match itself, the half-time burble or post-match wash-up actually hear the "G" word?
You know the one I'm referring to. That little three letter word "G-A-Y".....???
I certainly didn't. :ras: :ras: :ras:

We had goal umpires at each end waving the GAY flag, there was a GAY rainbow painted on both fifty arcs, many in the crowd were waving GAY flags, wearing GAY beanies and GAY scarves, the players had the GAY colours printed on their guernsies and socks, and there was the heartening sight Nicky Winmar clearly wearing a GAY scarf and sitting with his GAY son in the stands . =D> =D> =D>

And yet? Not a single mention of the event being in any way related to being "GAY".
All night long all I heard mentioned was "diversity".

"DIVERSITY" WTF is that? :Puzzled: :Puzzled: :Puzzled: :Puzzled:

Diversity is Catholics, Muslims, Inuit, Aboriginals, red-heads, country & western musicians, ISIS fighters, bank clerks, amputees, pigeon breeders, bingo players, millionaires.....whatever else.
Was THAT what we were supposed to be celebrating last night?

I for one do not self-identify as being "diverse". Nor have I ever met anyone else who so self-designates.
People do not ask us if we are "diverse". I do not go to a diverse bar for some like company. Nor march in Diverse Pride events.
NO, we are "GAY"....so why the hell was it SO difficult for the AFL, Channel Seven or anyone else at all on the night to just mention it by name?

Was there a fear of offending public sensitivity?
I thought that was the whole point of having this round! To point out that there's nothing wrong or anything to be ashamed of in being.....GAY!
How is any player going to come out if the code as a whole can't even bring itself to say the simple, common everyday little word in use to describe such a state?

Will we see some bloke standing up and announcing "Yes, I finally feel comfortable enough to publicly reveal that I'm ...DIVERSE" ? :roll:

Missed opportunity, or botched job? Both I reckon.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Just SAY GAY FFS!

Postby Finnis4 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 am

Indeed Mr Swanne I agree with all you say.

I found myself defending the Game last night and replied with the "small steps and "corporate responsibility" of the AFL lines but my words were even hollow to me. Still though its a start...and as we have done over the years we will settle for the mediocre and let other people (e.g in the marriage plebiscite) choose/dictate what we as gays can do. All totally wrong in every sense of course.

A few asides..
*curious that it was only one game in the round and not the entire round as per the underwater macrame knitting ones
*in the inevitable shots of the "celebrity box" I only saw one shot of Mr Winmar and his son sitting together
*good to see the always reliable MMeldrum in attendance however its very depressing and sad really that that is all the support the AFL/game could muster for this game.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Finnis4 wrote:..and as we have done over the years we will settle for the mediocre and let other people (e.g in the marriage plebiscite) choose/dictate what we as gays can do. All totally wrong in every sense of course.

True, true, ...how VERY true! Does anyone even think the promised plebiscite (non-binding!) will even eventuate....ever?
Kevin Anderson (read religious bigot and supreme homophobe) is running the country anyway, ....Turnbull a mere puppet doing exactly what he's told by the ultra-conservative right wing.

Finnis4 wrote:A few asides..
*curious that it was only one game in the round and not the entire round as per the underwater macrame knitting ones

And that if we were indeed celebrating "diversity" haven't we already had multicultural round?
Finnis4 wrote:*good to see the always reliable MMeldrum in attendance however its very depressing and sad really that that is all the support the AFL/game could muster for this game.

Molly is so damned ga-ga now that he wouldn't have had a damned clue where he was at! 8-[
He probably thought he was doing "Countdown" ....... :roll:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:21 am

Even this would have been better
Attachments
image.jpeg
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby boisayum » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:26 am

The significance of the match I agree was lost.

I didn't see the match I saw snippets of highlights and nothing was referenced, I don't think mainstream media cared for it.

A lot of people just go "who cares" or "why is this even news?" Which I like. It shows that to them it means nothing either way.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:33 pm

And as the AFL morphs even further away from an institution interested in running football matches, and into the social modification party, it has just been announced that it is offering 10 “diversity trainee” positions worth $34,000 a year exclusively to Muslim youth as part of a Federal Government-funded program.
To be eligible for the positions, which span a range of areas including social media, administration, finance and marketing, applicants must “be from Muslim background”, and “have recently completed secondary school”.
Now this should be interesting. It is not specified just exactly what a "diversity trainee" is to be trained in.
The teachings expounded from mosques are NOT exactly noted for any commitment to diversity, .....read homosexuality if indeed the AFL is using that word as a euphemism for "gay" now as we saw in the so-called "diversity" round.

Remember back in their own countries under their own sharia law they throw the likes of us off tall buildings or crush us beneath huge rocks, ...that's if we aren't being hanged as is sanctioned in their teachings.
"Diversity" indeed!

Meanwhile one of the AFL's own teams....BRISBANE is 13 million dollars in debt and has to rely on running chook raffles to even stay in the comp, ...and yet the AFL can largesse about with money for muslim trainees?

Notice also how the International news is being censored. After each and every attack now, and despite the perpetrators screaming that usual slogan that clearly designates their religious/political affiliation, there is NO mention at all of either the "M" word or the "I" word. (Bit like the "G" word last weekend?)
None! Motives are assigned as just being either "unknown" or "mental issues".

Do we ever think we can just get back to playing good footy? Can we ever venture again to a match safe in the knowledge we won't be brow-beaten with the damned designated cause-du-jour?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby swannee » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:46 pm

In it's never ending pursuit of "Inclusionism", the AFL is holding a comp. for the "Intellectually Disabled" this week. No seriously, ..it is!

I wonder if Schizophrenics count as two and cause sides to be disqualified for fielding too many players.... or create a nightmare for those in charge of the interchange gate . And what if each personality wants to play for a different side?
Of course Obsessive Compulsives will have to be penalised for "holding the ball" or they'll just stand fixated before the scoreboard re-counting and re-counting, .....and those with Tourettes Syndrome will be forever giving away 50's for abusing the umpire.
Will Agoraphobics even be persuaded to run out of the enclosed comfort of the dressing rooms?
They'll run out of footballs if there are any Kleptomaniacs on field, ...while any players with Asperger's will remain stubbornly on the bench, totally unable to co-exist with a team.

Should be a lot of fun really.....specially if there are any Homicidal Psychopaths on the teams..... .

There will of course be no trouble whatsoever in finding Umpires with abundant mental disorders to officiate.
It's quite apparent those are a pre-requisite for the job! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Return to Footy Chat