FINALS 2016

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Re: FINALS 2016

Postby boisayum » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:22 am

Yeah . Like I posted earlier I thought Hawthorn were the obvious winners.
Clearly like you Swannee , I was wrong.
And the swans have limped into the preliminary finals with a comfortable win.

Geelong v Sydney, if it is as good as the 2005 one, then bring it on.

I want dogs to go all the way now, can you imagine if GWS win they would have the same premierships as Bulldogs.
And a dogs win over GWS with Griffen and Ward on the other team, that would be so much sweeter.

There is going to be huge interest at least with either GWS or DOGS in the GF.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: FINALS 2016

Postby swannee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:21 am

boisayum wrote:I want dogs to go all the way now, can you imagine if GWS win they would have the same premierships as Bulldogs.
And a dogs win over GWS with Griffen and Ward on the other team, that would be so much sweeter.
There is going to be huge interest at least with either GWS or DOGS in the GF.

And then there's still the possibility of so much consternation in Melbourne should the Grand Final turn out to be an ALL-SYDNEY affair ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby Finnis4 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:34 am

WHACKO....what a weekend of football ahead....to me this is the best w/e of footy.....G/F not much more than theatre....thats just my opinion .

Both games could go either way.....I think I best arrange for the paramedics to be on standby outside Mr Swannees abode on Friday night... :twisted: :twisted: as well as warning the authorities of a potential disturbance hahhahah, Seriously though I am at a loss to predict a winner....that old but true saying - it could go either way...the bounce of the ball....a little bit of luck....a lapse of concentration by a player etc...Geelong have recruited well and are peaking at the right time. For me it is truly a coin toss.

Saturday evening....crikey i am going to wimp out again.....toss of the coin...two teams that play a similar style...both full of youthful exuberance...(and sexiness) . GWS will be there for yonks...Bulldogs well its something like 62 years in the making...I love an underdog...and FFS who doesn't love their mascot !! :love: :love: :love:
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Finnis4 wrote:I think I best arrange for the paramedics to be on standby outside Mr Swannees abode on Friday night... :twisted: :twisted: as well as warning the authorities of a potential disturbance hahhahah,

Yep Finnis4, I have more consternation over THIS weekend coming than I will should the Swans make the Grand Final.
Paramedics WILL be on standby, complete with cardio-pulmonary resuscitation gear at the ready, ....not to mention tranquilizers and ladders to get me down off the ceiling should my team win.
My living room furniture will undoubtedly be the first casualty, ...it already carries many scars of previous close encounters.
I am of course hoping for an all NSW/Sydney Grand Final,.... :iwish: :iwish: :iwish: but as yousay, BOTH games could go any way.
Far TOO close to call, .....much to my concern!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:44 am

My wishing well for the w/e.

That all teams and spectators enjoy the w/e and that the losers have few regrets and know that they played to the best of their ability and are proud of their achievements.

I wish JimmyBartell all the very best for the w/e and the future - it may be his last game - and congratulate him on his personal and individual contribution to spot lightning the hideousness of domestic violence.
I wish Aliir Aliir (Swans) all the very best and hope that he lives up to being a good person and inspires others to join in and be a contributing part of this great country.
I wish CalebDaniel all the very best and congratulate him on following his dreams and saying Fuk the lot of you - I can and will be a success in what I want to be a part of and do - when a lot of people said he couldn't !!!!
I wish all those that got GWS to where they are now all the very best cos without them they would be nowhere...inc KSheedy and Choco .and the heaps of supporters joining the bandwagon..it's good for AFL, Western Sydney, Canberra and the Riverina.

Obviously there are many more but atm these standout for me....and to give my crystals a rub I wish for the right Lotto numbers for my Saturday night entry. :twisted: :twisted:
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:47 am

Finnis4 wrote:...and that the losers have few regrets....

Sadly in AFL there are NO prizes other than FIRST! Although I believe the losers of the GF do get some sort of a medal?
Surely the most unwanted damn piece in one's trophy cabinet?

Did you know the Ancient Greeks who invented the Olympics had NO equivalent of the current Silver or Bronze awards that we see now ?
They thought competitors would be far too embarrassed to receive such awards as it proved they were not the best.

Finnis4 wrote:I wish Aliir Aliir (Swans) all the very best and hope that he lives up to being a good person and inspires others to join in and be a contributing part of this great country.

On the news-front I was utterly disgusted that our current f--king USELESS Prime Minister recently chose to use Aliir Aliir in his speech to the UN as irrefutable proof of how muslim integration was so successful in Australia.
How many achieve sportmanship at an elite level? So you can just pick one rare apple out of the whole bunch?
While Aliir may indeed be something of a success story and of course I wish him well as I do all the Swans regardless of their religious affiliations, he's still a very isolated case.
PLEASE do NOT make the very prevalent Australian mistake here of assuming race and religion to be the same thing!!!

Being something of a realist and not living in cloud-cuckoo-land, I wonder why did Turnbull not cite the far more frequent examples of supposed "integration" such as Mon Manis, (Lindt Cafe siege and despicable killer of Tori Johnston), or teenager Farhad Jabar Khalil Mohammad, (killer of police employee, Curtis Cheng), or Khaled Sharrouf (who is on disability support pension in Australia, but can fight go and for ISIS and let his own kids hold severed heads for pictures), or Mohamed Elomar (a decapitator himself)?
All examples of recent migrants, who instead of taking up AFL, chose to pursue a more violent path.
Or indeed any others of the far more numerous asylum seekers living here, invariably on tax-payer funding, NOT AFL stars but but obviously so unhappy with our Australian values that they feel the need to shoot, bomb, stab or decapitate those who magnanimously took them in?
So "integrated" that Australia had to set up a costly special police task-force to try to prevent terrorist attacks here?

I am sick to the stomach of politicians spin-doctoring completely fabricated lies to the rest of the world to represent themselves, and so-called multiculturalism as being so successful.
It's just not the truth or representative of the real situation at all.
The results of a recent survey would seem to give a far more accurate picture of the situation here at the moment...wonder why Turbull hasn't gone to a plebiscite on that particular issue, ...eh?
So, the entire population must be consulted on a matter that affects perhaps 5% of it's entirety, ......but not at all on a matter that affects everybody?
There it can be an autocratic decision taken on our behalf.

Finnis4 wrote:Obviously there are many more but atm these standout for me....and to give my crystals a rub I wish for the right Lotto numbers for my Saturday night entry. :twisted: :twisted:

And my very best wishes for your success in that venture too Finnis4!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Here we are.....Grand Final 2016.

It would be a courageous person (Yes Minister) to go past the Sydney Swans....strong, experienced and very talented....been there before and won....will be there tomorrow and expect to win !

Underdog in Western Bulldogs ..marginally younger and more inexperienced yet with a youthful exuberance and determination that may just ...just get them across the line. They want to win !

Heart, sentimentalism and romance over logic...Dogs !!!
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Heart, sentimentalism and romance over logic...Dogs !!!

Of course it may be claimed I'm biased but I am SO over hearing that the Dogs are sentimental favourites just because it's been 62 bloody years since they won one!
Oh boo-bloody-hoo! My poor widdle heart bleeds!
Bugger off, we had to await 72 years, so get back in line and wait a bit longer! :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman:

Normally I'd be hoping for a close Grand Final, but all bets are off this time! It's MY team!
I'm hoping for a cracking start by the Swans, blowing the inexperienced Dogs right out of the water, just like they did to the wimpy Cats the previous week!
When your own team is playing in a GF they can NEVER be too far ahead!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby swannee » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:41 am

Well, as undoubtedly GayFooty's most vocal poster, let me be the first to say this regarding the Grand Final.
THE BEST TEAM WON AND FULLY DESERVED TO DO SO!

In truth I have never seen the Swans play worse football.
It is a fact that they seem to have two different teams and it invariably becomes plain as to which one has turned up during the very first quarter.
About half-way through it became very apparent Sydney had sent the unco-ordinated rabble to play this Grand Final, rather than the smoothly efficient team that demolished Geelong so comprehensively the previous week.

You know your team's in trouble when the B.O.G. for the Swans is Heath Grundy!
I know I have been a vociferous critic of him in the past, but his sustained defensive efforts were the only thing that prevented a complete and embarrassing thrashing!
The rest?
F--king useless springs to mind. So incompetent as to actually anger me as a fan. Dammit, we expected more after cheering you on all year!

Now whether they Swans started to believe in the massive media fairytale that was spun and made it a self-fufilling prophecy or not is a matter that will be debated to little point.
Camelot exists!
Fairytales do come true; ...and you can indeed "win it from seventh".

Sincere congratulations to the Bulldogs for your self-belief and your valiant fight against all the odds. That's what footy is all about.
Sadly we don't seem to have a Bulldog's fan here on GayFooty to toast personally.

There will now be a somewhat extended period during which Swannee will go into a deep depression.
There is no more bitter task, nor one quite so dis-heartening as taking down all your team's bunting after they have failed to win....... :sad5: :sad5: :sad5:
(Anyone want a cheap deal on a fridge full of French champagne....?)
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:37 pm

I didn't realise I haven't posted on here since the grand final.

Commiserations Swannee,
I don't know how a team playing 4 weeks in a row , 2 interstate trips made your team look really tired and really slow.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs. They got their deserved long overdue win and it was just fantastic to see.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:24 pm

boisayum wrote:Congratulations to the Bulldogs. They got their deserved long overdue win and it was just fantastic to see.

Look, I certainly agree with all you say, but those umpires must have also been taken in by the "fairytale" as it was being widely promoted.
A simple stat?
Free kicks: Bulldogs 20.....Swans a measly 8?
(Not to mention where they were paid and where not even out-and-out marks were allowed!)
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Previous

Return to Footy Chat