But I bet it happens!

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

But I bet it happens!

Postby swannee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 am

Luke Parker
The star midfielder set a new personal record for disposals this season and averaged almost 28 per match, while also booting 21 goals for the minor premiers. Parker formed part of the league's best onball division and gathered fewer than 25 touches in a game just six times throughout the season, while also leading the Swans for tackles, his best effort an incredible 17 against Melbourne in round 13.

If Brucie's darling Dangerfield, whose primary claim to all the media attention and fame seems to be having "jumped ship", beats Parker for the Brownlow it will be a travesty.
Personal "fame" is no substitute for CONSISTENT solid and reliable work.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: But I bet it happens!

Postby boisayum » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Unfortunately if you are reviewing it by stats. Dangerfield wins. Danger averaged 31 per game.
Though Parker did have 50 more tackles than Dangerfield.
Dangerfield would be seen as more of a match winner. I reckon we could see 3 Sydney players in the top 5 by the end of the night. I predict Parker to lead after 6 rounds.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:22 am

Despite the Cats winning, Dangerfield was frigging USELESS in the Geelong/Hawthorn march. I was astounded at his botch-ups. Kicking out on the full, missing targets directly to the opposition. I'd heard he was a "match-winner" and so much was made of his defection from Adelaide to Geelong. Bruce of course never stops salivating over him, ....but upon close examination I think he's no better than many other players, ...just more widely hyped.
But WTF?
You can win a Brownlow now whilst taking prohibited drugs, so winning one on the crest of media beat-up seems perfectly possible.
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:55 pm

IMO, he has been the best consistently, his disposal is probably not the best, but getting that ball out of a pack, pretty damn great
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Postby swannee » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:28 am

boisayum wrote:IMO, he has been the best consistently, his disposal is probably not the best, but getting that ball out of a pack, pretty damn great

Well you're certainly right about his disposal being "not the best", boisayum!
Last night it was bloody HORRENDOUS!
The commentators kept trying to boost his value by tallying up his possession count, and while the number might have looked OK on paper, we all know it's not about getting the ball, it's what you do with it when you've got it!
He fucked up time and time again.
472874-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
472874-tlsnewsportrait.jpg (16.4 KiB) Viewed 232 times

Loved it when Bruce would start to spout one of his OTT statements about just how good Dangerfild was, only to have to cut it off mid-sentence when the ball went straight to the Swans, or out on the full, or hit the post, or was a point rather than a much-needed goal. This happened on several occasions. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now I'm not picking on Dangerfield, just trying to understand why he is rated so highly over the many others that actually DO something of value with the ball.
Is it something to do with the HUGE money he commands, so it has to be justified somehow? :Puzzled: :Puzzled: :Puzzled:

Then they put up some graphic, (obviously pre-prepared) of the top five midfielders in the game so far and Dangerfield and Selwood headed the list!
So....why was Geelong SO far behind then?
At this stage the Swans were so much ahead on the scoreboard the game was virtually over and the Cats may have well just walked off to lick their wounds and sulk in the change rooms!
Truth be told it was over at the end of the first quarter when Sydney had kicked seven unanswered goals.
It became very obvious Geelong just could not cope with the ferocity of the tackling at all.

Then we had the spectacle of Corey Enright crying as he left the field.
2_P2GeSy16MW2081.jpg
2_P2GeSy16MW2081.jpg (26.97 KiB) Viewed 232 times

Now I'm certainly not against a grown man tearing up, however the time for tears is when your team fights its guts out for four quarters and yet gets done by a point at the final siren,....NOT when you have been bent over and bitch-fucked relentlessly for four quarters without being able to raise any sort of a fightback at all!
I kept thinking Geelong would HAVE to mount a resurgence, but either they just were incapable, or the Swans wouldn't let them.

Naturally I'm glad the Swans won, but I did think it would be a helluva lot closer, seeing as it was between first and second on the ladder.
Geelong apparently went in as firm favourite to win easily according to all the professional pickers and the bookies!
They just could not kick goals...hell they couldn't even RENT one!
Out on the fulls, hitting the post, you name it they did anything but put it through the middle.
Hawkins was particularly useless, but all of the Cats, and that includes Selwood and Dangerfield, must hold themselves responsible to the fans and themselves for ending such a promising season with such a pathetic piss-weak effort.
2309_Round_24_Sidebar-Swans-50.jpg.jpeg

Puss, commiserations of course but I bet even you are majorly disappointed by your team's capitulation?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:39 pm

I saw the bit where Dangerfield turnover happened when Bruce was lauding him up. Classic

Congratulations to your boys, once again a nervous grand final day for you and bf.
I think a Bulldog opponent would be good for you. But the MCG is a good ground for you boys to play at.

Tough decisions to be made at the selection table. Zak jones was a great replacement for mills, if he comes back then heck who do they drop. Maybe Hewett is the one to go. Tough nights for some of these boys ahead
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Postby boisayum » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:42 pm

PS...couldn't wish a better more pathetic result for Henderson. Clearly shouldn't have played. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Postby swannee » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:02 am

boisayum wrote:I saw the bit where Dangerfield turnover happened when Bruce was lauding him up. Classic

One of my favourite gafs from Old Brucie! He was left gulping in his mid-praise like a goldfish out of water!
Trouble with Bruce as a commentator is that he just cannot resist having his favourites, ...and he allows this to show most obviously all the time.
We all heard his pronouncement about Rance being the best defender in the comp!
Now he's plainly nothing of the sort, .....and of course his physical looks would have nothing at all to do with Brucie's salivating now would it?
You'll notice all of his favourites are good-looking of course! :roll: :roll: :roll:

boisayum wrote:Congratulations to your boys, once again a nervous grand final day for you and bf. I think a Bulldog opponent would be good for you. But the MCG is a good ground for you boys to play at.

Well history is on "our" side as they say, as no team has ever won a GF after going into the Eight in seventh position. Only Adelaide has done it from fifth, ...just the once. All other winners have been from the top four.
2409_Sidebar_Dogs_Seventh.jpg

The Bullies are now of course the sentimental favourites of everybody in Melbourne , the team having just the one Premiership to its history.
I think they'll put up a good showing but if the Swans come out playing anything like they did against Geelong, and at the real risk of committing hubris, I think the day will end in tears for the Bulldogs and their hopeful fans.
The Bulldogs have certainly improved, and performed in the finals FAR beyond what most of us envisioned. (Teams going in at 7th and 8th are usually just cannon-fodder.)
Geelong are a WAY better team than Footscray, and look what happened to them. The Swans can be ruthless when fired up, and I'd be surprised if they'd let this one slip away, having got there.

Still, that all remains to be seen, ....injuries, umpiring decisions and player performances on the day can all tip a game.
I see 60% of the votes over on the AFL site have the Bulldogs winning the GF!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby swannee » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:22 am

Well now Dangerfield has officially had his rectum declared the "Most Favoured Tongue-Landing Site" by the umpires, I did have to smile while he made his acceptance speech wherein he praised his team and coach so effusively as being the absolute best.
Quite made me wonder how the Swans were ever able to comprehensively beat the living crap out of them if they were all as great as he was claiming?
Best of everything, including himself...(oh and Selwood of course), and they are bundled out of the Finals in such a decisive manner?
Reality check kid!

What was even funnier was watching Old Brucie standing right at Dangerfield's side as he made his speech, edging even closer with his rapt eyes never leaving the face of his idol. :love:
I could swear he was at more than one stage about to go in for the congratulatory full-on kiss! :kiss:

I will regain my lost respect for the Brownlow only after the following things occur:

A/ Drug-cheat Jobe Watson is stripped of his illegally obtained medal;
B/it is actually awarded at least once to a player who is NOT some media-hyped mid-fielder; (Surely they have value too?)
C/it ceases to be a night of posing WAGS with over spray-tanned tits hanging out of expensive cut-away drag wherein some bloke-or-other wins something-or-other at the very end, but by that stage everybody is either too pissed or too busy uploading their photos to Facebook to really take all that much notice.

Seriously now, did Swallow's Missus think it was her wedding????

474103_ll.jpg

Some of those aforementioned spray-tanned tits!

474158_lp.jpg
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Return to Footy Chat