Trade Talks

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Re: Trade Talks

Postby Finnis4 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Hawthorn FC:
SAM Mitchell an Eagle.

Jordan Lewis a Demon...

Often said and in this case shown to be true - the Club is bigger than any individual.

Perhaps the Jedi (in conjunction with the Recruiting dept) has his eyes on 2018.

Hawks are in rebuild....make no mistake. LHodge possibly gone end of next year - off to F/T Media while on a high - and one possibly both of SBurgoyne and JGibson will call it quits in 2017.

This is the foundation for a financial arsenal in readiness for 2018.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

>Re: Trade Talks

Postby swannee » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Hawks are in rebuild....make no mistake.

Definitely needed too! The Old Guard looked very tired in the Finals.
Certainly not the Premiership team that was.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby Finnis4 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:28 am

Hawthorn got JO'Meara....seems the angst of letting players go was worth it for "the list"...no room for sentiment. At 22 he's got maybe 10 good years ahead. Hopefully his knees will last.Top 4..I am not so sure.

Crows missed out on BGibbs after Carlton were apparently "too demanding" with their trade requirements. Two different Psychologist's could bore us to tears with their views on how BGibbs will play next year, I think that once a player has expressed a desire to leave then his heart isn't with the club and his performance will suffer. A perfect eg, and with the same club, is LHenderson.

Geelong is intriguing..SMotlop didn't want to go and told to lift his game....JBartel ( B&F, 2xPremiership player, NS Medalist) basically shown the door....two successive years of player letting...I wonder how that will affect morale. PDangerfield is champion player...I'll be interested to see his performance in 2017....something tells me it wont be a stunning as this years....maybe they'll be lucky to make top 4.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Finnis4 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:53 am

Let us non Cats supporters be grateful that there are times when "A Contract is a Contract"...

There are reports that GAbblet requested a move back to Geelong from GCS in the Trade period, but with 2 years remaining of his 5 year Contract....GCS said NO !!!

Can you imagine what a 100% fit, highly motivated GAbblet would inject into the Geelong side....it would be similar to the enthusiasm and talent of last years Dangerfield all over again.

Thank-you GCS ;)
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Can you imagine what a 100% fit, highly motivated GAbblet would inject into the Geelong side.

Well not all that much really!
He's nowhere near the player that he once was...I think he wanted to "go home" just to work on his superannuation.
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:46 am

My neighbour's wife works with a woman who has got a friend in Melbourne that lives next door to a bloke that reckons 100% that Richmond's Dustin Martin will be at the Crows in 2018.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:31 am

Finnis4 wrote:My neighbour's wife works with a woman who has got a friend in Melbourne that lives next door to a bloke that reckons 100% that Richmond's Dustin Martin will be at the Crows in 2018.

Well that's if he's transferred to Yatala, and only then if they let him out on Day Leave.... :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby swannee » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Dustin Martin when asked to comment on rumours he'll go to Port.

3210338A00000578-3485806-image-a-33_1457620236322.jpg
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Previous

Return to Footy Chat