More and more PC?

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

More and more PC?

Postby swannee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:08 pm

So the AFL is embarking on a huge growth phase with a particular emphasis on women and multicultural engagement.
Haven't they learned anything from the American elections?
The so-called "silent majority" are fed up to the back teeth with such political correctness, and will not hesitate to express this dissatisfaction at the turnstiles.
Wanna see the crowds fall away?
Continue along this same PC at all costs thinking. Can't wait for Muslim Round! (Interrupted for periodic prayer sessions of course!)
And I've yet to meet anyone who thinks women's AFL is anything but a curiosity value. Something you might take a look at once, but just like women's tennis, nobody REALLY cares.
Why does a body set up purely to run a sport suddenly think it has to be all things to all people?
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: More and more PC?

Postby Glenn » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:49 am

I saw an AFL champion residing in QLD tweeted about the funding of womens football and copped a bit of abuse. Currently the AFL fund it. Means our memberships and the adverts we watch during the game are funding it. Also reduces the amount of $$$ to pay for the mens version of the game.

I think that if something can't support itself it shouldn't exist. But with that logic we wouldn't have Public Transport, Cricket or this site! :shock:

VFL/AFL grew over the years and for a bloody lot of those years the players were paid fuck-all - Let the womens version try the same.
Glenn
Club President
Club President

Team (AFL): Richmond
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: More and more PC?

Postby swannee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Glenn wrote:But with that logic we wouldn't have Public Transport, Cricket or this site! :shock:

Well the demise of cricket would be the only one mentioned that would be no great loss!
Sorry, but the likes of Ricky Ponting, ego-mad Shane Warne, and the utterly incompetent self-promoter Michael Clark, plus the sheer f'ing mind-numbing boredom of the game itself put me off cricket LONG ago.

How the f--k they manage to pay those useless frickin' Australian cricketers is beyond me! Certainly not from the turnstile receipts!
And why? Just so the unwashed masses have something to watch between footy seasons, despite it being as boring as batshit?
Most of the time there's literally two blokes and a few seagulls in the stands anyway, ....and the seagulls don't pay to get in! They're only there in the hopes of scoring a hot chip, certainly not to watch the crap game!
ALWAYS a great day when the Australian cricket team gets the crap belted out of 'em! Hearing 'em go into "excuse mode" is more fun than the game itself! (NOT that that's saying all that much..... :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: )

Glenn wrote:VFL/AFL grew over the years and for a bloody lot of those years the players were paid fuck-all - Let the womens version try the same.

Could not agree more Glenn! But you know that since Pants-Suit-Hilary and her blaming of "the glass ceiling" for her abject failure to win the presidency, despite it REALLY being her own political ineptitude, there's nothing more important than the elevation of women,. .....unless of course you are "trans", in which case go straight (?) to the head of the queue!

The AFL has become just another social engineering organisation now with only a marginal interest in occasionally running a men's footy comp. such as we used to enjoy way back when.
Wonder what cock-a-mamie "rounds" will be designated this year by the hand-wringers?
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Return to Footy Chat