Here we go - let the 2017 games begin.

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Re: Here we go - let the 2017 games begin.

Postby boisayum » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:57 pm

The scrum in rugby league is as relevant as an argument against Same-sex marriage using religion as its excuse.

I saw a man today post something online about a woman with the pram symbol for parking spots and how it shouldn't be gender specific. Things are getting very crazy.

Anyway back to footy. Two weeks to go and the real stuff starts. One more scandal could fit in between. That's when the journos like to bring them out. I reckon time for some predictions now. We've seen enough.

Top 8.

GWS
SYDNEY
ADELAIDE
GEELONG
BULLDOGS
WEST COAST
ST KILDA
PORT ADELAIDE

HAWTHORN
MELBOURNE
ESSENDON
FREMANTLE
KANGAROOS
COLLINGWOOD
GOLD COAST
RICHMOND
BRISBANE
CARLTON

PREMIERS: GWS
WOODEN: CARLTON
BROWNLOW: FYFE
COlEMAN: J. CAMERON
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: Here we go - let the 2017 games begin.

Postby swannee » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:17 am

boisayum wrote:I saw a man today post something online about a woman with the pram symbol for parking spots and how it shouldn't be gender specific. Things are getting very crazy.

Your NOT kidding!
I saw a piece on TV where in Melbourne they were going around changing the current "running man" silhouette on the green pedestrian crossing to a women!
(Well a figure with a skirt shape.)
How much does this stupidity cost?
P.C. has become completely idiotic!

Brave predictions boisayum, but I do find myself largely in agreement on your top eight.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:04 pm

Plugger' s back at the Swans !!!! His first pupil should be Tippet...an expensive dud Sydney pick-up !!!

Anyone remember the greasy piglet with number 4 on its side released onto the oval one game Plugger was playing ...so funny and an amazing logistical achievement really - doubt if it could be done today.

8 days and counting down.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby boisayum » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Plugger' s back at the Swans !!!! His first pupil should be Tippet...an expensive dud Sydney pick-up !!!

Anyone remember the greasy piglet with number 4 on its side released onto the oval one game Plugger was playing ...so funny and an amazing logistical achievement really - doubt if it could be done today.

8 days and counting down.

A slimline plugger too. Wow! It's funny how I went to, I wonder if he is ill thought. When he is as probably healthy as he has ever been.

swannee wrote:
boisayum wrote:I saw a man today post something online about a woman with the pram symbol for parking spots and how it shouldn't be gender specific. Things are getting very crazy.

Your NOT kidding!
I saw a piece on TV where in Melbourne they were going around changing the current "running man" silhouette on the green pedestrian crossing to a women!
(Well a figure with a skirt shape.)
How much does this stupidity cost?
P.C. has become completely idiotic!

Brave predictions boisayum, but I do find myself largely in agreement on your top eight.

Such a waste in everything. Time, resources, money and sense.
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Postby Finnis4 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 pm

My 2017 ladder prediction.
GWS GIANTS
SYDNEY SWANS
WESTERN BULLDOGS
GEELONG CATS

ADELAIDE CROWS
WEST COAST EAGLES
HAWTHORN HAWKS
PORT ADELAIDE

MELBOURNE
ST KILDA
ESSENDON
RICHMOND
COLLINGWOOD
NORTH MELB KANGAROOS
GOLD COAST
CARLTON
FREMANTLE
BRISBANE

My crystal balls have been working overtime - they forecast three out of these four coaches wont be in their jobs this time next year...DHardwick, NBuckley, KHinkley, BScott.

From an article in today' s paper Plugger has given up beer, and bread. Two bakeries and a pizza shop have gone into Administration in Bowral. :twisted:
Personally a prefer a bit of meat on my bones.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:11 am

boisayum wrote:A slimline plugger too. Wow! It's funny how I went to, I wonder if he is ill thought. When he is as probably healthy as he has ever been.

This is apparently not so strange nowadays. With more and more of the population, (even the kids!) now being visibly overweight, apparently less people are trying to lose weight because they now see themselves as being normal.
If gay people lose enough weight to show, everybody still jumps to the assumption that we must have AIDS.
Finnis4 wrote:My crystal balls have been working overtime -

Oh do be careful Finnis4....overworked balls can be painful!
Finnis4 wrote:From an article in today' s paper Plugger has given up beer, and bread. Two bakeries and a pizza shop have gone into Administration in Bowral. :twisted:
Personally a prefer a bit of meat on my bones.

Ha ha!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm told by a friend who has been locked in a struggle with his size for as long as I have known him that the frustrating thing about losing weight is that it so rarely comes off where you want.
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:44 am

The AFL have one me a favour !
Initially miffed at the AFL preseason (and the AFL's unabashed promotion of women's AFL by default) I resorted to watching the NRL :nahnah: ...and I am glad I did !. It rekindled a lost enjoyment of the game for me and one now that I wont give up. I was loyal and faithful but will now take a p/t lover. :love:
I don't like the pom pom girls and I don't like the current scrum setup of second row feeding. I do like the golden point and I do like the "sin bin" concept because it's an immediate penalty on both the player and team. Playing one less gives the opposition an advantage unlike the AFL referral to the Tribunal where any advantage is given to the opposition team of the following week, even then a substitute player can play. I like the man hugs of the players and the legs in the air shots after tackles. :yum:

Disappointingly its been an uneventful pre-season -- where are the scandals of old ? One speeding incident hardly counts, even though it did result in Geelong losing the TAC sponsorship.

Bring on 2017 with scandal, passion and excitement. Good luck and safe play to all involved. Giddy Up :D
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Finnis4 wrote:I do like the "sin bin" concept because it's an immediate penalty on both the player and team. Playing one less gives the opposition an advantage unlike the AFL referral to the Tribunal where any advantage is given to the opposition team of the following week, even then a substitute player can play.

Me too! I do wish AFL would introduce this. It would do a lot to reduce offences, knowing that you would be off the field immediately and this could certainly allow a score against your team.
It would be particularly effective in Grand Finals. Suspensions to be served next year mean nothing, ....some players may not even be playing on next year to serve such penalties and now can do just about anything to try to win.
Finnis4 wrote: I like the man hugs of the players and the legs in the air shots after tackles. :yum:

Yes, even the once-familiar AFL bum-tap seems to have gone now, to be replaced by the idiotic and tame head rub!
Surely something of a dangerous move now with all those man-buns and fuck-wit antenna hairdos? You could get a bobby-pin stuck in your hand! :lol:
Finnis4 wrote:Disappointingly its been an uneventful pre-season -- where are the scandals of old ? One speeding incident hardly counts, even though it did result in Geelong losing the TAC sponsorship.

Once reliable St Kilda seem to have closed ranks and are keeping all their usual scandals firmly in-house.
Wonder if multi-millionaire Selwood has stepped up and replaced all that sponsorship money he was directly responsible for losing? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby demondavid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 am

my ladder for 2017

GWS
SYD
WEST C
HAW
DOGS
ST KILDA
CROWS
ROOS

GEEL
RICH
COLL
MELB
FRO
PORT
ESS
CARL
demondavid
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Melbourne

Postby boisayum » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:25 pm

demondavid wrote:my ladder for 2017

GWS
SYD
WEST C
HAW
DOGS
ST KILDA
CROWS
ROOS

GEEL
RICH
COLL
MELB
FRO
PORT
ESS
CARL

Judging by this ladder Demondavid you are choosing to ignore the Queensland teams
or have a huge dislike for them that you aren't even going to consider them.

And your dees tip is that you are choosing to not get ahead of yourself
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Postby demondavid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:24 pm

sorry one glass too much

gold coast 11
Bris 13
work it out from there :)
Been a Dees boy way back as a kid ,a lot of pain we will see :bootyshake:
demondavid
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Melbourne

Previous