Wake the Dead

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Wake the Dead

Postby Finnis4 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 am

Dreams will be made and shattered in the following months - Let the footy begin !!!
Before the teams were named I was tempted to go Carlton tonight however that was quickly quashed. BBolten has made his call and has taken a chance on youth (also long term considerations I guess), obviously if it works he's a genius. One thing for sure...if Richmond lose their supporters will be baying for blood.
Collingwood talk the talk but that's all.....The De Goey lie shows them up ""Collingwood felt a stronger penalty would have pensalised his team mates and the club" . So it's OK to brawl in a nightclub, then lie to the Club and make your coach look like a prize wanker when fronting the media. This is a make or break year for out of contract NBuckley, with his good mate, ex Crows coach, BSanderson waiting in the wings.
JLewis was asked in an interview during the week how he felt being "pushed" from Hawthorn ...his reply was that "it opened other opportunities"...the diplomacy of some of these players..or perhaps media training is amazing !!!

AFLW Crows coach BecGoddard seems to have the right mettle to be an AFL coach, don't be surprised to see her pop up somewhere in an AFL side in the future. As an aside, in an interview last night she quoted NMandella "I never lose, I either win or I learn." I like it !!!
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

>Re: Wake the Dead

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:17 am

Collingwood did well against the Bulldogs last night...better than I expected.
Clokes goal from the 25 must have really irked the Magpie faithful...the chorus of boos and vitriol showed no class !!! His next attempt was mirth worthy even from me. ;)
I'd like the MRP to look at an incident where the Dog's Dale Morris got a jab in the eye, maybe all very innocent but it didn't look good.

Dustin Martin had a blinder on Thursday night...well done - crikey you'd think his contract was up for renewal this year..ohh wait it is. :twisted:
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

>Re: Wake the Dead

Postby swannee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Collingwood did well against the Bulldogs last night...better than I expected.

Even though I tipped the Dogs, I still kinda hoped Collingwood would do it.
Then I saw Joffa fuming.....in a silver jacket?
Finnis4 wrote:Clokes goal from the 25 must have really irked the Magpie faithful...the chorus of boos and vitriol showed no class !!! His next attempt was mirth worthy even from me. ;)

The bloke is truly bloody hopeless! So he kicks ONE goal? Playing in a key position like that one is a pathetic result!
And he quickly reverted to his true form. Why on earth the Dogs bought such a klutz is beyond me! I would have thought the Collingwood fans would have been cheering because they managed to get rid of his bumbling efforts at last!
Finnis4 wrote:Dustin Martin had a blinder on Thursday night...well done - crikey you'd think his contract was up for renewal this year..ohh wait it is. :twisted:

Yeah, must have really pleased those boys behind the bars!
You know, those ones that DON'T serve alcohol..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Return to Footy Chat