Round Tre

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Round Tre

Postby Finnis4 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 am

Tre is Swedish for 3...hmmm Swedish :oops:

Sydney Collingwood tonight ...what a ripper; you'd think Sydney, especially at home, by a mile, but you never know. With a loss NBuckley must surely be skating on thin ice, others think differently but after 5 years I'd be expecting more, his smooth talking needs to be complemented by some wins on the ground.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that RLyon has everyone in the footy world conned? He didn't achieve a lot at St Kilda and now Fremantle is in free fall yet he is being linked to coaching jobs in Melbourne next year.

When is a contract not a contract? It seems it's OK to put your hand out for the cash, snub fans and renounce club loyalties when it suits some players then they claim changed circumstances and want to be traded out of the club. I realise that not everybody has crystal balls and cant anticipate the future but a contract is a contract!! Nonetheless once a players heart is no longer with the team it affects their performance. Maybe GAblett should have been released from his contract when he requested it - in an interview last night he suggested that he may not even play next year, however not everyone is the same, BGibbs seems to be doing OK at Carlton this season after wanting to return to Adelaide late last year.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

>Re: Round Tre

Postby boisayum » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 am

Swans 0-3.
With matches against Eagles in Perth and GWS. Carlton may be their first win in round 6. May be hard to come back from
0-5.

Ross Lyon will be exposed for the no talent coach he is. He inherited a settled and up and coming team in StKilda and got nothing from them. He did the same at Fremantle and got nothing. Freo have no identity. They recruited to win games now when in fact they needed to start from scratch again. Lyon is a fraud.

This week we could well see 6 teams still winless after 3 rounds. Fingers crossed Carlton show a lot more against bombers, but I fear a 60 point loss coming up
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby Finnis4 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:20 am

Crikey....I think past w/e I should have made my tipping selections then chosen the opposing teams hahahaa.

Sources tell me Mr Boisayum was partying up a storm last night....good for you to be happy and good for Carlton, makes the season interesting.

Who would have thought that going into Round 4 the 3 bottom teams with no wins would be NMelb, Hawthorn and Sydney....and indeed Richmond 2nd..that's 2nd from the top not the bottom :twisted:
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby boisayum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Makes for tough tipping in the coming weeks for us to think those teams down bottom shouldn't really be there.

Last nights win was a struggle , but I really think in the dry we still would have won. Great to get a win on the board.
Freos win over dogs was massive. To make 6 changes and still beat the reigning premiers is big.
I'm pretty sure I got 3 tips right. Richmond and Stkilda and GWS. I'm going so bad in my tips I'm thinking of doing the whole year now and forgetting about it
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:52 pm

boisayum wrote:I'm pretty sure I got 3 tips right. Richmond and Stkilda and GWS. I'm going so bad in my tips I'm thinking of doing the whole year now and forgetting about it

Fear not boisayum!
After crowing about getting all nine right last week, I too have sunk to a lowly four this very next round.
That's not even 50/50! #-o
And I sit here thinking after watching all these years that I might know something about footy! :roll: :roll: :roll:
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby Finnis4 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:25 am

Well done AFL for speaking out against racism.
There is no place for racism in the AFL.
Ignorant morons posting racist remarks on social media need to be shamed.
Ignorant morons being racist at AFL games should be asked to leave.
Racism is just plain wrong (just like being anti gay - hostile toward gays- is wrong) education starts at home with upbringing, reinforced at school and then indeed in social environments where we all have a responsibility to stop racism.

P.S.No way diminishing the severity of the remarks by a blonde haired woman on social media.....I thought when first seeing her that she herself had Aboriginal heritage ...her ignorance is astonishing!
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Postby swannee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Finnis4 wrote:Racism is just plain wrong (just like being anti gay - hostile toward gays- is wrong)

Of course Finnis4, ...but strange as it may seem, it has never been reported that anyone was ever ejected from the venue, or had their membership revoked for calling any player a "poofter".....or a "faggot" (a term used on field by a player (remember Milne?)....or any other derogatory term for homosexual.
And I have actually been at games when I've heard both terms, ..and a few others, shouted at various players.

However if I may be allowed to play the Devil's Advocate here, .....and it does NOT apply in this situation, .....I dislike some players for reasons NOT associated with their race...ie. I think they are arrogant, bad sports, stagers or dirty players, and may of course say something derogatory about them. Now what if they also just happen to be "black"?
I'm certainly NOT being racist, but I am voicing disapproval, but to an un-informed listener, they may mistake it as being so.
Are then, indigenous or black players to be held sacrosanct from any expressions of disapproval from the stands?
WHITE players are certainly not!
Is this not racism in itself?

I definitely see the current discrimination and bias AGAINST white males as being the "NEW RACISM"!
Do not tell me this is not so in the media and in public.
Just one example:
It's now very common in TV ads to make a white anglo-saxon bloke look like a dumb, bumbling idiot.
Try portraying an indigenous bloke, (or any woman for that matter) like that and watch those PC hand-wringers get all upset.
Racism much?
You bet, yet no one seems to get upset.

Finnis4 wrote:P.S.No way diminishing the severity of the remarks by a blonde haired woman on social media.....I thought when first seeing her that she herself had Aboriginal heritage ...her ignorance is astonishing!

I just thought she was another overweight bogan airing her ignorance on social media.
Opps, ...what if she IS aboriginal as you suggest? Quelle horreur! :shock: :oops:
So now I'd be a racist for saying that?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby TrippPA » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:52 pm

swannee wrote:
"Of course Finnis4, ...but strange as it may seem, it has never been reported that anyone was ever ejected from the venue, or had their membership revoked for calling any player a "poofter".....or a "faggot" (a term used on field by a player (remember Milne?)....or any other derogatory term for homosexual.
And I have actually been at games when I've heard both terms, ..and a few others, shouted at various players."

It sounds like the fans need to call a spade a spade. Calling someone "druggie" or "wife beater" or "cement hands" or "klutz" or even "ugly face (facia brut)" might make the correct point, whereas "faggot" is probably no where close to the truth .. or in some cases only wishful thinking :D

Tripp <-- in Philly
TrippPA
Club Member
Club Member

Team (AFL): Collingwood
Team (NRL): Sea Eagles

Postby swannee » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:34 am

TrippPA wrote:It sounds like the fans need to call a spade a spade.

NO, NO, NO!!! Shock, horror! #-o
Heaven forbid you use THAT particular term TrippPA!
The PC Police would be sure to take offence.
Far better to call a spade a fuc--ing shovel"...... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby TrippPA » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Swannee wrote:
"The PC Police would be sure to take offence.
Far better to call a spade a fuc--ing shovel"

There was an NFL player (NFL = over-weight, over-sexed, & over-paid ... the worst football code on the planet) who was caught breeding dogs for fighting AND fighting them. He got a 21-month (pretty lame) sentence from the judge and was released from Atlanta about the time he got out of prison. He was ultimately traded to the NFL franchise in Philadelphia .. not a popular move with any of the fans who liked dogs, as you might guess. There was one sports bar in the city that famously and loudly refused to show the matches on their in-house TV until Vick was gone from the team. I doubt if the moratorium at Doobie's had a great influence on the ownership of the Eagles, but Vick didn't stay around here very long .. and wasn't welcome in the usual watering holes while he was. I understand that the sale of "his" jersey was way below expectation. So public opinion is not without its positive effect.

If one of the AFL players is a constant embarrassment to his team and the public speaks out about his drug use or wife beating or frequent drunk driving, the front office has to spend more and more time playing public relations catch up .. its comes more quickly to put up or shut up/straighten up and fly right .. which sound like cliches .. but that's because they are true. Sooner or later the price of the miscreants becomes more than the gain of being on-field.

Do you have sports talk (call in) radio? They can be a constant knee in the groin to sports management.

Tripp <-- in Philly
TrippPA
Club Member
Club Member

Team (AFL): Collingwood
Team (NRL): Sea Eagles

Return to Footy Chat