Good Friday Footy At Last!

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Good Friday Footy At Last!

Postby swannee » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:27 am

Seems as though the AFL has finally woken up to the fact that by and large the population is NOT bound by religious constraints and have decided, (like the other codes), to play footy on so-called "Good Friday".
(Although I'm not at all sure J.C. would term it as such if he was around to be asked! There would have to be better ways to spend Easter....... ;) )

Anyway, it's the Roos and the Dogs with the first honour.
Will fish and chips replace the traditional over-priced footy pies as the bill of fare?
When asked if he approved of playing on the day, Bulldog's skipper Robert Murphy joked "That question could get me into a lot of trouble at Sunday Mass!"

Now here's the killer twist! You just can't make up shit as good as this!

Murphy's parents John and Monica met when he was a Catholic PRIEST and she was a NUN!!!!
Now obviously they both abandoned the church to get it on!
Talk about getting into the habit! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Good Friday Footy At Last!

Postby Finnis4 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:34 pm

The world hasn't ended because a game of footy is being played in Melbourne on Easter Friday.

If ppl want to go to the beach on Easter Friday they can, if they want to read a book they can, if they want to commemorate an event they can or indeed if they want to go to the footy or watch it on TV they can.

With Nmelb losing the past 13 out of 15 games I went for the Bulldogs..even tho Nmelb are ahead at half time its not over until its over !!!
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Finnis4 wrote:The world hasn't ended because a game of footy is being played in Melbourne on Easter Friday.

Isn't that fact absolutely amazing?
Neither has the Apocalypse, or the Ten Plagues taken place in any of the countries that have legalised gay marriage.
Please explain?
Is god dead? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:39 am

I attended the game in a corporate box. No fish to be seen anywhere.
One thing that peeves me is people that swear off meat on good Friday.
This story which is a long and judgy one ( often misinterpreted ) tells of mystical happenings and resurrections and ghosts. Then you will be damned if you will have a little chook on one specific day of the year.

People often complain in Melbourne for the public holiday on grand final eve because it is sport and they are quite happy to take days off for so-called religious reasons, and let's face it Australians are atheists.

Footy had to happen on good Friday eventually and what a great start to a tradition.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:52 pm

boisayum wrote:One thing that peeves me is people that swear off meat on good Friday.

boisayum, I am in total agreement with you on that particular idiocy!
They never go to church, commit just about every "sin" and yet insist on eating fish on so-called "good" Friday?
One thing I hate nearly as much as ANY organised religion is the hypocrisy that always seems to go with it.
For the record I think we had chicken......
boisayum wrote: and let's face it Australians are atheists.

Yes they are in fact but the f-ckwits INSIST on writing some religion or other in the space on the census, thus skewing the figures.
I have an ongoing argument with my Mum who is in no way religious, does not "believe" or attend church, is not even planning on having a church funeral, but when given any form that has a space marked "religion" insists on dutifully writing "Presbyterian".
Why?
I have no idea, but it frustrates the hell out of me.
If people told the truth on census forms religion would be so far in the minority, and yet those same few try to dictate to the majority how we should live, how we can die...and whom we should and should not marry!
The Liberal/Coalition Party has a prayer meeting before each day of Parliament!
Well may we say "God help us!" :devil: :devil: :devil:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

>Memorable

Postby TrippPA » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:51 am

May each of you have a memorable ANZAC Day.

Tripp <-- in Philadelphia
TrippPA
Club Member
Club Member

Team (AFL): Collingwood
Team (NRL): Sea Eagles

Return to Footy Chat