5 rounds down

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

5 rounds down

Postby boisayum » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Wow 5 weeks almost gone, and boy what surprises have been thrown our way.

The biggest being Sydneys demise. What has changed so much that they have become 0 and 5. At least they have Carlton this week. Though 4 goals in 4 minutes to start the match, did they kick 4 for the rest of the match??? Congrats to buddy kicking 800 goals.
I watch the Bulldogs game and there is one thing that is annoying more and more and it's the constant Look at me by Jake Stringer. He is becoming a player that is all about him. I hate it. Alex fasolo is a culprit of that as well.

My boys have capitulated two weeks in a row in the second half, I know they are blooding the youngsters, but it is hard to watch and it makes it hard to go to a game. Tigers? Are they the real thing? They have to meet some top sides soon but are they lasts years north Melbourne. North last year 9-0, this year 0-5 makes me smile. The Scott brothers were pricked of footballers and ugly as coaches.

I'd like to change my prediction of a Sydney / GWS grand final.
Adelaide / GWS are looking good.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: 5 rounds down

Postby swannee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:37 am

boisayum wrote: Wow 5 weeks almost gone, and boy what surprises have been thrown our way.

You can certainly say THAT again boisayum!

boisayum wrote:The biggest being Sydneys demise. What has changed so much that they have become 0 and 5.

The team has reverted to a game plan I haven't seen them use since Tadhg Kennelly used to play...if that's actually the correct word to use in his case!

boisayum wrote:I watch the Bulldogs game and there is one thing that is annoying more and more and it's the constant Look at me by Jake Stringer. He is becoming a player that is all about him. I hate it. Alex fasolo is a culprit of that as well.

Yep, if there's one single thing that puts me RIGHT off any player from ANY team, it's their arrogance on-field. Your'e absolutely right about Stringer. Supreme egotist! Some of these blokes start believing their own publicity.
boisayum wrote:My boys have capitulated two weeks in a row in the second half, I know they are blooding the youngsters, but it is hard to watch and it makes it hard to go to a game.

Boisayum, those exact same words apply to my own team, ....AND my feelings about the whole thing too. Yes I've been through Swan's slumps before but dammit, you do get used to your team winning!
boisayum wrote: Tigers? Are they the real thing? They have to meet some top sides soon but are they lasts years north Melbourne. North last year 9-0, this year 0-5 makes me smile.

I'm afraid to give the Tigers any real credence as we all know they are a team that the wheels can fall off at any minute. We've seen it before with them, ...many times.
Early season flashes in the pan have a habit of being just that, and too much reliance on a couple of players is a recipe for disaster.
boisayum wrote:The Scott brothers were pricked off footballers and ugly as coaches.

They are a pretty un-likeable pair aren't they! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boisayum wrote:I'd like to change my prediction of a Sydney / GWS grand final.

You, ...and about a million others, ....sadly, including myself! :( :( :( :( :(
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby Finnis4 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 pm

There used to be a Richmond supporter that occasionally posted....haven't heard from him for a while....I did enjoy giving him some stick at RFC performance :twisted: ...I'd be posting a storm atm ..hahaha it wont last though...they might even be in for a flogging tonight.

I'm not a fan of sledging, however the AFL Players Assoc has today come out in support of it...fair enough, that' s their prerogative. On the w/e, GWS player Heath Shaw gave a despicable sledge to a Sydney player which was picked up by an umpires microphone...he has since apologised and apparently all is now OK with GWS and the AFL. Reports today referring to the incident have glossed over it saying that microphones shouldn't be allowed on the playing field....and incredibly one moron said that microphones were an OH & S issue at the players workplace - no mention of how wrong the sledge was or indeed an apology...just that it was not appropriate for their work place....Deary me what has the world stooped too. Shaw has been miked up himself over the years....OK when it suits. Why should Umpires not wear them in case of an inappropriate sledge ? How about no inappropriate sledging in the first place - or is that too much like common sense for a sport that seems to be losing its grasp on common sense, decency and all aspects of fairness for players, umpires and especially supporters - for without supporters they are nothing !!!

Hawthorn turned it around yesterday...good for them ! I almost had AClarkson looking for another job ;) ...maybe coach of Collingwood....it still wouldn't be a surprise at season end. :twisted:
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Finnis4 wrote:I'm not a fan of sledging, however the AFL Players Assoc has today come out in support of it...fair enough, that' s their prerogative.

I don't know why players don't just restrict their terms used for sledging to "poofter", "faggot" or even just plain old "gay".
Call anyone any one of those and even if it's clearly recorded on mikes, nothing at all would ever eventuate.

If you say anything at all that might be in some way perceived as racist, or referring to somebody who is disabled intellectually, or just use the common term for a woman's sexual organ then you will be vilified as the worst possible individual to ever play football.
Strange isn't it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Says a lot about priorities and how "diversity***" is really not valued at all, despite the lip-service that was paid to it.

*** that's the euphemism the AFL uses when they can't even bring themselves to say the commonly used term.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Return to Footy Chat