Bad kicking, ...and even worse "DOs"

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Bad kicking, ...and even worse "DOs"

Postby swannee » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 am

GREAT game between the Giants and the Bulldogs Friday night!
Had everything really and went down to the wire where the Bulldogs lost their nerve under the pressure and lost a game they probably could have won.
Shocking kicking, and giving away 50 metre penalties with only seconds to go and the win still possible is NOT a sign of a Grand Final winning team.
Must confess I wasn't exactly sad to see the Bulldogs lose...I did pick the Giants, and they have become my "second team" of late.
(Let's face it, my first one ain't exactly setting the field on fire right now! :roll: :roll: :ras: )

Apart from his admirable skills, and with GayFooty's annual beauty comp firmly in mind, is there anyone on the field quite so....so...how can I put this diplomatically? So "challenged" in the looks department as "The Bont"??? :shock:
And who is he getting hair tips from now? Beyoncé?
It's exactly the same damned crook "do" that the once beautiful Callan Ward has featured for a while now! A mullet with a man-bun on the back of the head? +o(
Marcus+Bontempelli+Y3VaUFlSepcm.jpg
Marcus+Bontempelli+Y3VaUFlSepcm.jpg (24.23 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Mind you it's only marginally worse that that other Bullie who runs around with what looks exactly like a white curly miniature poodle pinned to the top of his head of naturally dark hair...... yes I'm looking at you Jason Johannisen!
bdf1f197489e773e7b2f6fa47720fa5d.jpg
bdf1f197489e773e7b2f6fa47720fa5d.jpg (24.97 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Another player with unquestionable skills is the Giant's Toby Greene, ...who probably needs a "roid" test immediately, or at the very least enrollment in an anger management course!
He will undoubtedly be sitting in the stands next week after a whole series of warnings in the past and yet another let-off last week for head-butting Swan Isaac Heeney.
Does he never learn?
The bloke is now a serial offender and his frequently displayed bad temper is letting his side down big-time. They will miss his skills next week against St Kilda.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Bad kicking, ...and even worse "DOs"

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 pm

A good crowd for Canberra last night, the cheeky Western Bulldogs banner "At last something to do in Canberra on a Friday night" :twisted: had me rolling on the floor.

Indeed, GWS did well to win in a scrappy affair that probably should have gone to the Bulldogs.

Am I the only one confused by "intentional out of bounds" ? I think it is now morphed into " players must endeavour to keep the ball in play" or something similar. Last night some calls were highly debatable, some down right farcical. The difference between a throw in and a penalty can be considerable. ANZAC w/e was OK but the message was lost to the umpires in last nights game.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby Finnis4 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm

My poorest ever tipping w/e. Crikey...make my tips then go the opposite and I would have equalled the round winner.

I doubt whether anyone would have predicted Swans 0-6 ratio at the start of the season. Perhaps the huge $$$$ paid to Tip and LFranklin are coming back to bite them on the bum. Tip must go down in history as the worst (talent and injuries) pick up ever. The new youngster Hayward looks like he has the right attitude and hopefully the skills to match.

Media reports today that St Kilda are offering Fyfe $1.5 mil a year to move....big $$$ for someone who's best is probably behind him if his on field performance this year is an indication. A new start may be what he needs to reinvigorate his game.

NBuckley's job is safe for this week...a good win over the Cats will keep the vultures at bay - it must be immensely frustrating for coaches to see their team play so well one week then like under 12's the next ---hhhhmmm Hawthorn comes to mind this week. Still though why aren't the other staff held to account as well, I am talking Team Manager, Selection Committee and for fuks sake the Recruitment staff all on massive 6 figure sums..so many fingers in the pie. When Dangerwood and Selwood have mediocre games the Cats suffer.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Wed May 03, 2017 8:08 am

Finnis4 wrote:My poorest ever tipping w/e. Crikey...make my tips then go the opposite and I would have equalled the round winner.

There were undoubtedly some "turn-ups" that few people would have predicted, ....including me!

Finnis4 wrote:Perhaps the huge $$$$ paid to Tip and LFranklin are coming back to bite them on the bum. Tip must go down in history as the worst (talent and injuries) pick up ever.

I think Franklion has proven himself "worth the money". He can, and frequently does, the most astounding things. Mind you, the Swans DO have to pay him until he's damn near 40 or something!
However I am in TOTAL agreement with you over the 11 million dollar man Tippett.
I have LONG maintained that he's friggin' hopeless on the rare occasions he's actually on the field, and invariably injured when he might be needed most.
Surely the worst "investment" by the Swans since they bought clapped out Dermott Brereton, or the highly reluctant Rocca who couldn't cut his Mummy's apron strings back in Melboure, and bolted back as soon as he could.

Finnis4 wrote:The new youngster Hayward looks like he has the right attitude and hopefully the skills to match.

Yes the Swans do have a few babies right now who will undoubtedly be really great players in the future, ...but of course that's some time away, and promising youngsters are often lured away by money and the idea of playing in a "winning" team. Something that the Swans could NOT be described as right now.
I hope they have Zac Jones locked in. I reckon he's probably one of the best "newbies" after our core group of Hanneberry, Parker and Jack. (Is McVeigh dead? He's been supposed to play for a few weeks now.)
Finnis4 wrote:Media reports today that St Kilda are offering Fyfe $1.5 mil a year to move....big $$$ for someone who's best is probably behind him if his on field performance this year is an indication.

He has been a bit lack-lustre hasn't he! But if that's the figure on offer, he'd be mad not to take it. Footballers have short "lives" that can be cut even shorter at any time by serious injury. There's a whole life ahead that has to be funded. Make hay while the sun shines I say!
Finnis4 wrote:... and for fuks sake the Recruitment staff all on massive 6 figure sums..

I like to take the bloke responsible for buying Tippett into a dark corner and apply a hefty phonebook more than a few times to his head!
Finnis4 wrote:When Dangerwood and Selwood have mediocre games the Cats suffer.

Well NOT according to Old Brucie!
Honestly, every time one of them even just appeared at the edge of the screen and only in the general vicinity of the real action Old Bruce would crack an orgasm!
A couple of times both of his darlings actually f-cked up monumentally , and yet Bruce kept burbling on with his lavish praise as though they'd just kicked the goal of the century or something!
He's particularly fond of Dangerfield. Haven't seem him get this excited over a player since he used to be in love with Wayne Carey all those years ago!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Fri May 12, 2017 2:53 pm

This is the hair do that I despise.
Nothing says rooting your cousin like a rats tail.

CUT IT OFF!
Attachments
IMG_0136.PNG
IMG_0136.PNG (87.74 KiB) Viewed 89 times
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Thu May 18, 2017 1:11 pm

boisayum wrote:Nothing says rooting your cousin like a rats tail.

LOVE IT boisayum, ...and don't think I won't borrow it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know I think the AFL should step in and ban a few of these styles on an OH&S basis.
Something so prominent as a rat's tail, or some of those other long hair styles could so very easily get caught in the close tackles that AFL involves and result in a strip of scalp being torn completely off.
What then? A legal case?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Return to Footy Chat