FOUR BLIND MAGGOTS!

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

FOUR BLIND MAGGOTS!

Postby swannee » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Okay, results aside (yes, the best team DID win), but I wish to draw attention to what was probably the worst duty of care to the players shown by all FOUR umpires in the Swans/Carlton game.
So much has been made of the AFL's concern about the effects of concussions on players, and yet here the myopic, uncaring idiots allowed the game to continue on for about three minutes whilst a player was lying dead still, completely unconscious on the field. The game was let flow until Carlton had kicked a goal! (Naturally! :roll: )

Now the unconscious figure lying prone and unmoving since the clash was SO plainly obvious to everyone, and yet not even ONE the 3 Blind Freddys out there could see it and blow his whistle, nor could the fourth bloke sitting on the sidelines with what would have been the same view everybody else had!

This is an absolute disgrace and they should face a charge of gross negligence of duty.
Gary Rohan could have suffered a broken neck for all they knew!
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: FOUR BLIND MAGGOTS!

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:23 pm

I completely agree Mr Swannee...from the replays it looked an extremely nasty landing and indeed I did fear that he may have broken his neck (from the landing and his total subsequent unresponsiveness) thankfully that wasn't the case and apparently he has spoken and has movement.
Nonetheless as you say the play should have been stopped minutes before. The cart even had enough time to be mobilised and be at the scene before play was stopped.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:50 am

Name and Shame!
Here's three of the offenders that should at the very least receive a public reprimand!
Umpires: Findlay, Harris, McInerney The fourth f-ckwit remains anonymous.

The mobile stretcher ambulance had already entered onto the field which should automatically halt ALL play, and STILL not even ONE of the stupid bloody umpires could see it, or the downed player and stop the game!
So we have an unconscious body lying dead-still on the grass ever since the collision, (surely they must have observed that?) and something the size of the mobile stretcher and several attendants driving towards it, and yet the FOUR blokes supposedly in charge of proceedings cannot see anything?
So much for looking out for the safety of the players!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:12 am

I was sitting not far from where it happened. It looked horrible. Haven't seen the replay yet.
Technically the game should go on until the stretcher does come on the field and the ball went on the other side of field.
But they did definitely miss the few moments once the stretcher came on. It snuck on the other side of the field away from the bench.
It was an error but I wouldn't say it's that big of a deal.

I can tell you where they were blind, HTB non decisions, they have relaxed that so much.well especially that game
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 am

boisayum wrote:It was an error but I wouldn't say it's that big of a deal.

After the recent weeks of AFL's concern over concussions to players? And a couple of high-profile players actually deciding to terminate their careers due to warnings of serious permanent injury from suffering any further concussions?

Gary Rohan may appear OK at present, but I know from having recently accidentally suffered a moderate concussion myself that the effects can take three or four days to become apparent.
After the accident I felt OK, a bit of a headache, but just carried on as normal, with a huge egg on my skull as a souvenir.
However apparently I had some slow bleeding on the front of the brain and three days later woke up completely disorientated, unable to concentrate on even the simplest tasks and then a bit later became so ga-ga, unable to respond to any questions and acting so weirdly (yes, even for me!) that DB had to take me to hospital. No way I could have driven myself. Thankfully scans showed there was no clotting and I was allowed to leave after a period of observation and the administration of a couple of suitable drugs.
Took about another week to be anywhere near back to normal, (if that's what I ever am!), but I can tell you it was a VERY scary experience. Frightened the hell out of both of us!
I was told that this was absolutely typical of a lot of concussions where people initially think they are quite OK and try to carry on, but later suffer severe mental problems due to the increasing pressure on the brain.

boisayum wrote:I can tell you where they were blind, HTB non decisions, they have relaxed that so much.well especially that game

And I also noticed that "throws" are now perfectly legal, ....well if you're wearing a Carlton guernsey that is, but they are still illegal and picked up immediately if you are in red and white.....
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Return to Footy Chat