Eleni

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Eleni

Postby boisayum » Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Great news with the first woman field umpire to officiate the essendon match on Sunday.

Apparently worked tirelessly to get the call up and wish her the best!!!!
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: Melbourne
Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: Eleni

Postby swannee » Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 pm

boisayum wrote:Great news with the first woman field umpire to officiate the essendon match on Sunday.

Well excuse little me for being so UN-PC, but just why exactly is that "great news"?
Is it SO very wrong to have AFL as a "men's game"....and wish to see it remain so?
There are plenty of uni-sex games.
Seems men per se. are now so devalued and degraded that they are forbidden (by women :roll: ) to have any pursuits at all for themselves.
What next?
Will women no longer be satisfied with having their own league, but clamour to be allowed to play alongside the men in the actual AFL teams?
Of course they will have to feature 50% women...who will all be exempt from being tackled...naturally! :roll: :roll: :roll:

This insane "inclusionist" social engineering of the ASFL has to stop.
I'm sure we'll be seeing "Pets Round"....or "Eskimo Round" anytime soon.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh and what about having some disabled umpires officiating in their wheelchairs?
The first goal umpire with Down's Syndrome or cerebral palsy say ?
(And what a mongrel of an affliction they are, I mean no disrespect....but seriously?)
Wouldn't want to leave anybody out.

Australian Rules played at the AFL level is an ELITE sport, played by men who have all worked very hard to be there.
It's NOT for the likes of we mere ordinary mortals, ...and quite frankly was never intended to be. That's exactly why we watch it. To see genuine talent on display, not amateur bumblings.
There would not be such a huge audience if it was just a bunch of everyday no-hopers trying to have a kick.


boisayum wrote:Apparently worked tirelessly to get the call up and wish her the best!!!!

I know this might seem a strange suggestion, but why not have her umpire the AFLW?
I believe the language out on the field can get pretty "salty" when players are frustrated, ....which is usually just ignored by the male umpires, but a women?
They'll have to be minding their P's and Q's with her about.

Fellers, the game we all loved is surely a-changing, and in my little humble opinion it ain't for the better!
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
User avatar
swannee
Life Member
Life Member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm
Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Eleni

Postby boisayum » Thu May 18, 2017 5:57 pm

swannee wrote:
boisayum wrote:Great news with the first woman field umpire to officiate the essendon match on Sunday.

Well excuse little me for being so UN-PC, but just why exactly is that "great news"?
Is it SO very wrong to have AFL as a "men's game"....and wish to see it remain so?
There are plenty of uni-sex games.
Seems men per se. are now so devalued and degraded that they are forbidden (by women :roll: ) to have any pursuits at all for themselves.
What next?
Will women no longer be satisfied with having their own league, but clamour to be allowed to play alongside the men in the actual AFL teams?
Of course they will have to feature 50% women...who will all be exempt from being tackled...naturally! :roll: :roll: :roll:

This insane "inclusionist" social engineering of the ASFL has to stop.
I'm sure we'll be seeing "Pets Round"....or "Eskimo Round" anytime soon.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh and what about having some disabled umpires officiating in their wheelchairs?
The first goal umpire with Down's Syndrome or cerebral palsy say ?
(And what a mongrel of an affliction they are, I mean no disrespect....but seriously?)
Wouldn't want to leave anybody out.

Australian Rules played at the AFL level is an ELITE sport, played by men who have all worked very hard to be there.
It's NOT for the likes of we mere ordinary mortals, ...and quite frankly was never intended to be. That's exactly why we watch it. To see genuine talent on display, not amateur bumblings.
There would not be such a huge audience if it was just a bunch of everyday no-hopers trying to have a kick.


boisayum wrote:Apparently worked tirelessly to get the call up and wish her the best!!!!

I know this might seem a strange suggestion, but why not have her umpire the AFLW?
I believe the language out on the field can get pretty "salty" when players are frustrated, ....which is usually just ignored by the male umpires, but a women?
They'll have to be minding their P's and Q's with her about.

Fellers, the game we all loved is surely a-changing, and in my little humble opinion it ain't for the better!


Or why not just have te best person for the job.
She has been umpiring VFL for years, she earns her spot.
I suppose women being allowed to vote and women working (not just because it's the war) upset you so bloody much at the time.
F*ck me the nonsense and overthinking that goes on that was once humorous is just plain tedious.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: Melbourne
Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: Eleni

Postby swannee » Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 am

boisayum wrote:Or why not just have te best person for the job.

Now this is the very question boisayum.
Is she indeed "the best person for the job"...or is she being included to the exclusion of the REAL best person purely because she is a woman and it suits the current PC AFL agenda?
I VERY much suspect the latter. Is she actually "better" than any of the other available umpires? (Who might just happen to be......."M-E-N"...gasp! Shock! Horror!)

This is "tokenism" at its worst.
It's the same as these cries for our parliament to contain a set percentage of women, regardless or not of whether they are the "best person for the job".
In many cases it will mean the best person for the job will actually be passed over, purely due to the fact that they are not female.
(And of course the real best person would probably have a dick, ....and we all know that these days that's almost tantamount to being a rapist, wife-beater or a child molester. :roll: )

Positive discrimination is still discrimination. Claiming to be fighting sexism whilst using sexism is just absurd!

boisayum wrote:She has been umpiring VFL for years, she earns her spot.

There are many players who have been playing VFL for years, ....that doesn't automatically mean they have thus earned a spot in the AFL, does it?
boisayum wrote:I suppose women being allowed to vote and women working (not just because it's the war) upset you so bloody much at the time.

Unfortunately for your statement I was NOT around at the time. Yes I admit I'm not exactly in my first flush of youth, but dammit, I'm not THAT old! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I don't think not having female field umpires in AFL somehow equates with the disenfranchisement of women's suffrage , or having them find gainful employment....other than that of FaceBook Whore that is. :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

boisayum wrote:F*ck me the nonsense and overthinking that goes on that was once humorous is just plain tedious.

My point too boisayum!
"F*ck me, the nonsense and overthinking that goes on in AFL that once was an enjoyable sport is just plain tedious!" ;)
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
User avatar
swannee
Life Member
Life Member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm
Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Eleni

Postby boisayum » Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 pm

swannee wrote:
boisayum wrote:Or why not just have te best person for the job.

Now this is the very question boisayum.
Is she indeed "the best person for the job"...or is she being included to the exclusion of the REAL best person purely because she is a woman and it suits the current PC AFL agenda?
I VERY much suspect the latter. Is she actually "better" than any of the other available umpires? (Who might just happen to be......."M-E-N"...gasp! Shock! Horror!)

This is "tokenism" at its worst.
It's the same as these cries for our parliament to contain a set percentage of women, regardless or not of whether they are the "best person for the job".
In many cases it will mean the best person for the job will actually be passed over, purely due to the fact that they are not female.
(And of course the real best person would probably have a dick, ....and we all know that these days that's almost tantamount to being a rapist, wife-beater or a child molester. :roll: )


You get that all from one appointment of a woman umpiring.

How do you think all the other umpires , the men umpires progress, yes through the umpiring ranks, the VFL, the WAFL, the SANFL.

Same could be said she hasn't being picked for the last 2 years, because god forbid she is a WOMAN.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: Melbourne
Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: Eleni

Postby swannee » Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 pm

boisayum wrote:Same could be said she hasn't being picked for the last 2 years, because god forbid she is a WOMAN.

She hasn't been picked for the last 2 years because AFL was seen as a men's sport" to be officiated by men. (Perish the thought! :roll: )
It has been that way since its very inception.
Now that fact has been something of a red-flag to PC feminists, that just had to be broken down and destroyed. First it was the push for their own league, now it's infiltration of the men's game.
Also, it has taken a while for the PC brigade to hijack the sport with all their irrelevant to AFL designated rounds.

Will she be treated by the media as harshly as the male umpires? Or even fairly with mention of any bad decisions?
You can bet your sweet arse she'll get an inside run with glowing reports, ...even if she f-cks up entirely!
The AFL will be patting itself on the back for their "inclusionism" and leadership in bowing down to women's demands.

I tell you, the more this PC shit goes on, the better NRL is looking!
But then how long will that bastion of testosterone be allowed to exist before it too has its nuts cut off?

It is virtually a crime these days to be born with a dick!
You should read what is being taught right now to our primary school kids, specially the boys, about gender and their potential to all be perpetrators of domestic violence!
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
User avatar
swannee
Life Member
Life Member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm
Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Eleni

Postby swannee » Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm

There is but ONE single ball skill demanded of any umpire, and that's the strength and ability to bounce the ball properly, i.e. make it go straight up and to a height that provides a proper ruck contest for blokes well over six foot six tall. Taller when they leap.
That's it!
Well, couldn't bounce for "nuts".... or shall we say lack of 'em perhaps? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Not all social experiments can be deemed a success...although undoubtedly the over-eager media will report differently...... :roll:

Anyone familiar with a quite striking purple flowering pastoral weed here known as Patterson's Curse?
It's very pretty when out in the field but of little bloody use......
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
User avatar
swannee
Life Member
Life Member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm
Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Eleni

Postby boisayum » Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 pm

If you want to waste your time go ahead.
pretty sure the umpire late in the Melbourne/north game who paid deliberate by just guessing when it was actually smothered by the opposition might get a sterner talking to.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: Melbourne
Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: Eleni

Postby swannee » Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 am

boisayum wrote:If you want to waste your time go ahead.
pretty sure the umpire late in the Melbourne/north game who paid deliberate by just guessing when it was actually smothered by the opposition might get a sterner talking to.

Again my point boisayum!
We can and do feel free to criticise any MALE umpire for some of their idiotic decisions and no one blinks an eye.
What about what is said of "Razor Ray" for example?
Call 'em "white maggots" and again no one gets upset, or cries foul.
I made a post myself only last week in which I was very critical of an umpire and his monumental f-ck-up in the Swans/Roos game that awarded an undeserved goal to North Melbourne.
No one here saw my post as being in any way unfair...or as "picking on an umpire".

However, are we to now make special concessions and "go easy" when the umpire is a woman?
This was in fact the case!
She spoke with umpires coach Hayden Kennedy at half-time about her failings and he allowed her to just throw the ball up in the second half!
In other words, SPECIAL CONCESSION WAS made for a woman because she could not perform the required task! Something NOT done for male umpires! They would no doubt be stood down if they could not carry out their duties. :roll:

Previously during her spell as the central umpire, it had become most apparent that she clearly did not have the physical strength to bounce the ball high enough for the tall rucks to contest....a key feature of AFL, and a very necessary skill for being a field umpire. (It's really quite hard to do, ....I've tried! Even a correct backwards boundary umpire's throw-in calls for far more strength than you might imagine in order to get the height and distance required!)
Now in view of that serious inability, was she then "the best person for that job"? I happen to think not. [-(
Remember there were other fully qualified umpires available.

If indeed female umpires are to be judged by less stringent criteria just because they are a woman then it is as I suspected an example of positive discrimination, ....which is STILL discrimination BTW!
Favouritism to give it a better name.

I still maintain that if you take on a job, ....ANY job, regardless of what you've got down between your legs, you have to be able to actually DO everything that job calls for.
The FEMALE goal umpires, (of which I have noticed two now I think), are PERFECTLY capable of doing their jobs, handling all the called for tasks with a professionalism equal to any of the men performing the same role. More power to 'em! I think they are great....their sex immaterial. =D> =D> =D> No allowances whatsoever need be made, ...and I'm sure none are expected.

My beef is not "sexism" but one of the capability for the demands of the job.
The applicant has to work up to the requirements of the job, ...the demands of the job should never be lowered to suit the lesser abilities of any applicant.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
User avatar
swannee
Life Member
Life Member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm
Team (AFL): Sydney


Return to Footy Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron