Tess would know for sure!

This is the area for serious footy chat and the not so serious. Discuss the performance over the week share your predictions for the upcoming games. Offensive / slanderous message will be deleted once detected.

Tess would know for sure!

Postby swannee » Fri May 19, 2017 9:50 am

So just exactly what was it that the St Kilda players said about the wife of Marc Murphy that has got the hand-wringers all so upset?
Must have been highly effective going by the result on the scoreboard!

I wish Tess was still a contributor here, ...she was a great source of such information and would know for sure.
Anyway now there are calls to "regulate" sledging, and make personal matters off limits!
So who would decide and how would this ever be enforced?
I kid you not, ..is there anything more ridiculous?
That's what sledging is!
Are our AFL players such big wimps that they need yet another rule to protect their wee precious egos?
There would not be a gay boy in the world that hasn't had to deal with a few derogatory remarks at one time or another....ME included!

FFS fellers, just put on your big boy's pants and deal with it.
If you let such things get to you and affect your game it has achieved its purpose!
The best way to deal with sledging is to make sure you outplay your tormentor comprehensively.
That sure shuts 'em up!

ADDED LATER: According to Peter FitzSimons in The Sydney Morning Herald, the taunts were suggesting Mrs Murphy had been having it off with that serial "other men's wives f-cker" Wayne Carey!
Ahh St Kilda, ...still proving reliable for gossip of sexual nature!
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: Tess would know for sure!

Postby Finnis4 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Indeed Mr Swannee from what I have gathered, hearsay is that the sledging did refer to W.Carey's association with MMurphy's wife. Mr Carey has since stated publicly (Ch7 Monday night) that he has never met Mrs Murphy.

I dont agree with sledging, however the Players Assoc has come out supporting it as a part of the game, and in my opinion it' s them that should have the final say. My thoughts are that any reply is how you play the game...a romantic old fashioned concept !!

It was also reported (but unsubstantiated) that MMurphy was targeting an ex Essendon player and sledging drug references minutes before....sort of a case of wanting your cake and eating it too...smacks of 2 sets of rules once again...who is to say that sledging someones partner is any worse than referring to them as drug cheats - all a matter of personal feelings and no one knows individual triggers to extreme hurt !!!!

Also I realise that "social media" is "the answer to everything" these days but if MMurphy had an issue with another player wouldn't the Players Association be a better forum to air his grievances. Surely they must do more or be more relevant than wage negotiations with the AFL.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby boisayum » Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 pm

I will be blunt.

Murphys mrs has been around the traps a while.

She has had a previous very short relationship with Sam Gilbert and a few other footballers, sloppy 2nds they call it.
That's the st kilda link.

You can target a guilty drug taker, twice found guilty. Open slather for being a cockhead.
I'm guessing taunts about someone's wife mother boyfriend is just going that step too far.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 pm

boisayum wrote:I will be blunt. Murphys mrs has been around the traps a while.She has had a previous very short relationship with Sam Gilbert and a few other footballers, sloppy 2nds they call it.

Shopping for a partner with the financial means to keep her in the style she'd like to become accustomed? Or just a "star-fucker"?
Remember Lara Bingle?
boisayum wrote:You can target a guilty drug taker, twice found guilty. Open slather for being a cockhead.
I'm guessing taunts about someone's wife mother boyfriend is just going that step too far.

No, sorry I disagree.
Some blokes can freely dish it out but just can't take it when the boots on the other foot.
I'm very sure M. Murphy is quite able to mouth off on field, as Finnis4 mentions.
Finnis4 wrote:Indeed Mr Swannee from what I have gathered, hearsay is that the sledging did refer to W.Carey's association with MMurphy's wife. Mr Carey has since stated publicly (Ch7 Monday night) that he has never met Mrs Murphy.

But that's the whole thing with sledging isn't it! It doesn't have to be true, just "off-putting".
Although I have add that I wouldn't exactly rate Wayne Carey as a reliable source when it comes to 'fessing up as to where he's had his dick :roll:
Memories of the Mrs Stevens affair?
Finnis4 wrote: My thoughts are that any reply is how you play the game...a romantic old fashioned concept !!

I am in full agreement!
Finnis4 wrote:It was also reported (but unsubstantiated) that M Murphy was targeting an ex Essendon player and sledging drug references minutes before....sort of a case of wanting your cake and eating it too...smacks of 2 sets of rules once again...who is to say that sledging someones partner is any worse than referring to them as drug cheats - all a matter of personal feelings and no one knows individual triggers to extreme hurt !!!!

Exactly, .....he's quite able to dish it out but unable to take it!
Sounds to me as though the words were very much right "on-target" and that's why there's this issue.
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Return to Footy Chat