The righteous margaret court.

This is an area for non footy chat. No advertising of commercial events allowed. Keep it nice.

Re: The righteous margaret court.

Postby swannee » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Tripp wrote:Oh come now, Swannee .. don't sugarcoat it .. tell us how you really feel :D

Up the 'pies :D

Was I holding back too much Tripp? Too reticent in making my feelings apparent? Obtuse in meaning?
I must confess that organised religion always causes me to be at a loss for words for some unknown reason.
I'll try to be more forth coming in future so that you'll all know just EXACTLY how I feel....I promise. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

>Re: The righteous margaret court.

Postby boisayum » Sun May 28, 2017 8:47 am

Rehashing this article from 2012.

I see very similar opinions of Margaret Court and QANTAS and Swannee and Finnis and AFL you all want it to stop.

Let me tell you this. This is why the AFL needs to hit these issues hard. Margaret hides behind her religious title but you can read between the lines and she has little tolerance for not "normal" people. This needs to change. These religious brainwashed people are the biggest hypocrites and only obey the religious code when it suits. If she was a devout staunch Christian she would not be a pastor because historically women should be seen but not heard when a man is around.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Sun May 28, 2017 1:40 pm

boisayum wrote:Let me tell you this. This is why the AFL needs to hit these issues hard.

"Hit these issues hard" you say???
I think I've taken harder hits in a marshmallow fight at an under fives birthday party!

And let me just say this.
If I thought for one single moment, one tiniest minuscule fraction of a nano-second that the AFL having another designated round for being "gay'....oh wait, they can't bring themselves to say that, ...being "diverse" (whatever the f-ck that might be!)....but if I imagined that having another round so called would in REALITY change even one single bigot's religiously fucked-up red-neck mind set, I'd be chained to the gates of AFL House demanding that they do it again.
Anyone who just happens to be passing AFL House in the next few days will of course duly note that I am NOT there..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

The miserable old fart will die soon anyway...and she's NOT going where she imagines she is!
Punishment enough.
This issue is just giving her a platform from which to spout her religious views!
They should just call the bloody place the "Tina Arena" and move on..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOOTNOTE:
I was amused by the irony of Muslim Waleed Aly in his interview trying to show how wrong her views were on homosexuality.
He made no mention whatsoever of the abominable Sharia law treatment of homosexuals in countries run by his own religion....
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3631226/i ... -together/
Note, vigilantes actually broke into the PRIVATE home to catch the men in the act.
There was a whole team of hooded "floggers" so that they would not tire.
The large crowd jeered and spat on the victims....and this flogging is probably the least of the usual punishments.
Being tossed off a tall building, then spat and urinated on by the women, hanging or publicly crushed beneath a wall are more common punishments.
aceh.jpg

muslims and gays.jpg
muslims and gays.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 66 times
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby boisayum » Sun May 28, 2017 8:20 pm

You would be wrong in assuming that every Muslim wants to hang gay men for these acts.
Just like every Christian is against gay marriage. Aly does not push Muslim in people's faces.

That's what is wrong with this country. If someone from a minority questions someone from the majority it's just too easy to say, "stop pushing it in our faces". In fact most of the time they are trying to defend their right to be themselves. Basic human rights.

I love Waleed, he has been born into a Muslim family and at the same time he is definitely a free thinking and compassionate Australian, yes Australian. Why would his defending of homosexuals be any less relevant that anyone else on that panel?
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 am

boisayum wrote:You would be wrong in assuming that every Muslim wants to hang gay men for these acts.

If they obey their Koran they would!
Now whether or not he'd be grinning as he personally tied the noose might be debatable, however it is a very important fact to keep in mind that that he personally (and publicly) adheres to a religion which demands such punishments be carried out against gays. Nor does he use his privileged position as the current darling of the media to speak out AGAINST such muslim inspired atrocities, which would be a meaningful statement coming from one such as he.
If you don't speak out against something people may rightly suspect that your silence indicates tacit approval....or that you are a supreme hypocrite.
Neither he, nor any of the imams responded to Julie Bishop's recent challenge for them to make public condemnation of the recent muslim inspired Manchester attack.
The silence from all of them has been deafening, ....and yet they were all so loud and vociferous in preventing Ayaan Hirsi Ali* from making a speaking tour here in Australia. Walleed Aly's wife Carland actually lead the protest along with Yassmin Abdel-Magied ! So much for their tolerance of a differing view.... :roll:
Interesting that Carland claims to have a degree in "muslim feminism"......if that's not some sort of oxymoron?

* Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a Somali-born childhood victim of genital mutilation, an escapee from arranged marriage, one-time refugee, now a hardline anti-Muslim atheist, former Dutch politician, award-winning author, and women's rights campaigner.

"All that is necessary for evil to prosper in this world is for good men to say nothing."
So which side is he on then?
boisayum wrote:Just like every Christian is against gay marriage.

Aren't TRUE christians supposed to obey their bible which clearly is no fan of "men who lie with men"? (O the eating of shellfish, or tattoos either!)
That's the thing with religion isn't it! They cherry-pick to suit their own mindsets.
boisayum wrote:In fact most of the time they are trying to defend their right to be themselves. Basic human rights.

If you consider the push to establish sharia law here in Australia a "right to be themselves" and thus a basic human right.
Personally I am VERY much against religion, ..and that's ANY religion let me hasten to add, ...telling us how we should be living our life.
It is WAY past the time that Australia had separation of church and state for REAL, ....no prayers before parliament, no swearing on bibles or korans, NO bloody chaplains in schools, and EVERYONE subject to the SAME law, with no religious exemptions for churches or church run schools of ANY denomination.
Recent events here and OS have shown just what depths the masses can sink to if we allow religion to make the rules.

boisayum wrote:Why would his defending of homosexuals be any less relevant that anyone else on that panel?

Because he doesn't do it does he! He was NOT defending gay marriage per se.
He was trying to score political capital off Margaret Court and her religious views...(and lord knows I am no lover of her) but Waleed was very eager to cut her off with what he knew were the populist views of his PC panel and audience.
There was also an implied sneer in his manner of ridicule for the woman and her personally held religious beliefs.
I was disappointed that Court was not astute enough to immediately point out that his own religion wasn't all that accepting when it comes to gay marriage either! Or even allowing gays to live for that matter, ...much less marry!
Let he who is without sin, eh?
I would dearly have loved to see that supercilious smirk wiped off his face if that had been her response, ...but undoubtedly it would have been edited out before going to air.

Again everybody here knows I have little regard for Margaret Court or her views, but perhaps she was naive in thinking she was ever going to get a fair hearing in that situation.
In my opinion she did not.
Seems to me that you only get a "fair hearing" on any of those panel shows if your view is the one deemed to be the currently "correct" one.
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tess » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Evening gents.

The New Testament also said" he who is without sin cast the first stone" .......

Case Closed!
tess
Player
Player

Team (AFL): Collingwood

Previous

Return to Chit Chat