I'm just going to do it!

Information about GayFooty and its Social Clubs. Sometime there will be important information here so please check it regularly.

I'm just going to do it!

Postby Glenn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm

OK - It will never happen unless I bite the bullet...

I'll be moving the site over to the new format. As seen here: http://gayfooty.com.au/home/
It will be a mess for a while. I'll get around to fixing it up.

The Social Club will be migrated over once things settle down. I was fixated on ensuring no data was lost during the migration. (And functionality to a certain extent) But I think this is inevitable. Hopefully won't be too much. We might loose all links to files. :(

The PlayerPix (where 99.9% of site revenue comes from) will also be moved over at some point.

I'll tidy the new home up and then point to it by default when you go to the main page.

Also - Starting the SexyPlayer data collection for nominations.

Shoot me a message if you notice something catastrophic! :)

Glenn.
Glenn
Club President
Club President

Team (AFL): Richmond
Team (NRL): Storm

>Re: I'm just going to do it!

Postby boisayum » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Good decision.

TBH I don't look at the other pages. I just come onto social club so that wouldn't affect myself.
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH TRUSTING PEOPLE IS A CRIME IN THIS GAME!
boisayum
Board Member
Board Member

Team (AFL): Carlton
Team (NRL): Storm

Postby swannee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Glenn wrote:Also - Starting the SexyPlayer data collection for nominations. Glenn.

Well I was GOING to nominate NATHAN PEATS, ...purely from a rather cute head shot I saw on TV, however I Googled him and learned that he suffers from a really bad case of that mildew all over BOTH arms! :shock: :roll:
Sorry, .....any interest I might have had just evaporated away immediately. [-( :ras: :ras: :ras:
I tried being "normal" once......worst two minutes of my life!!!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Team (AFL): Sydney

Postby TrippPA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:14 am

Swannee wrote:
"any interest I might have had just evaporated away immediately."

Swannee, you are just sooooooooo picky. Put him in a long-sleeved t-shirt and you'll never notice>

Tripp <-- in Philly
TrippPA
Club Member
Club Member

Team (AFL): Collingwood
Team (NRL): Sea Eagles

Postby swannee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:49 am

TrippPA wrote:Swannee, you are just sooooooooo picky. Put him in a long-sleeved t-shirt and you'll never notice>Tripp <-- in Philly

Bugger that for a solution TrippPA. I tend to like my men "undressed", and don't really need any of that crappy graffiti as part of the deal.
Just what am I supposed to do? Waste time reading the looney cartoons?

SO "original", ....SO "individual"!!!! :roll: :roll: +o(
Is there even just ONE NRL player now who isn't splathered with that ugly shit on every limb?

It's all those end-of-season trips to that shit-hole Bali, isn't it!
They must be keeping those hep-infested bloody tatt-parlours over there in business!
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby swannee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 pm

However I AM nominating DANIEL TALIA (Adelaide Crows), ...not to be confused with his sexy sister JENNY TALIA! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The man is gorgeous, ...and it is quite unusual for Swannee to be so affected by a blond.
Just look at those beautiful manly arms, ....and totally unblemished by the ever spreading ugly mildew so prevalent in the NRL.
daniel Talia.jpg
daniel Talia.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 67 times
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Daniel is indeed gorgeous Mr Swannee....I just hope you saw the shot of his hammy being massaged after he left the field early in the 1st quarter...talk about slip in a digit or two :shock: One of his nicknames is "Pussy" after he was caught speeding the year before last (but got off without penalty) when he gave his excuse in court as being momentarily distracted by a kitten in his car. :roll: :roll: I do delight in the nickname though - Pussy..haahaha

Swans game tonight.....you must be full of nervous energy.

Despite the score, Bulldogs only just over Brisbane in my opinion...inaccurate kicking almost cost them the game.....Brisbane did well...and again despite the score, Carlton did well too after recovering from Ports smashing in the first 15 minutes. The atmosphere and crowd support for both Port and Adelaide at a full capacity Adelaide Oval is truly enough to scare the beezeeus out of any young sides.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:40 am

Finnis4 wrote: I do delight in the nickname though - Pussy..haahaha

With such a surname I'm actually very surprised to learn that his nickname isn't "Jenny" ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finnis4 wrote:Swans game tonight.....you must be full of nervous energy.

No Finnis4, not so much. I'm afraid that it has become most apparent the Swans are NOT anywhere near the team they once were and I now think they might be lucky to make the eight, ...if so only perhaps in one of the bottom two slots. Heeney does look good with short hair though! Probably can't call him "Farrah-Fawcett" any more?

You can't win a season just beating the lowly teams, but failing each time you come up against genuine contenders.
Swans could not beat the Bulldogs, but Brisbane damn near nearly did! No doubt it gave the Dogs a bit of a scare, although they were able to secure the win quite convincingly in the fourth quarter.
Added Post Match:
Giant's Heath Shaw was recorded by on-field microphones calling opponent Tom Papley a "f-cking retard" as Papley headed to the bench. The Sydney small forward had just been in a contest with Shaw in which he had held Shaw in a headlock. The audio was broadcast, prompting Fox Footy commentator Jason Dunstall to apologise to viewers.

Finnis4 wrote: The atmosphere and crowd support for both Port and Adelaide at a full capacity Adelaide Oval is truly enough to scare the beezeeus out of any young sides.

Yes I see great things ahead for both teams. Even at this early stage I think Season 2017 is rapidly becoming just a race between maybe four teams.
Adelaide and Port, plus Geelong and the Giants. Maybe the Bulldogs too, but I think they are vulnerable when under genuine pressure. Richmond's bubble will burst, ....as per usual. Sorry Glenn! :oops:
Isn't it strange that only such a short time ago Sydney and Hawthorn were Grandfinalists, but now they can't win a game?
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Finnis4 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:05 pm

From watching this weeks games up to 50% of Goal Umpires must have lost form since last year....so far every game has had 1 male and 1 female goal umpire - or has a decision been made that I have missed that this is to be the case in each match from here on? Interesting.

The NRL has female Touch (Line ) judges...no problem - so long as they are the best person for the job. No doubt AFL will soon follow suit for Boundary Umpires - probably one male and one female.

Last w/e Ch 7 had the AFLW Melb captain as it' s ground reporter...I'm not sure but it may have been a Melbourne FC game, nonetheless she did a good job, however I was disappointed that (to me) it seemed that Brain Taylor wasn't giving her the same respect that he would have given a male on field commentator in the crosses or when making a comment after her report...maybe I am wrong - I hope so. Jimmy Bartel is doing a good job in the Geelong /St Kilda game that' s on now.
Finnis4
Rookie
Rookie

Team (AFL): Adelaide

Postby swannee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:42 am

Finnis4 wrote:From watching this weeks games up to 50% of Goal Umpires must have lost form since last year....so far every game has had 1 male and 1 female goal umpire - or has a decision been made that I have missed that this is to be the case in each match from here on? Interesting.

All part of the current agenda that nothing, absolutely nothing at all can now be allowed to remain a male preserve.
Not even being a MAN! :ras: :ras: :ras: :ras:
swannee
Life Member
Life Member

Return to Site News